#health #spring #food #superfoods #nature #detox
“Nature knows best!”–Paul Ebeling
When spring arrives our body is looking forward to a cleanse. The mineral-rich vegetables arriving in the Spring are very helpful for detoxing.
Top Foods for a Spring Detox
- Asparagus helps cleanse the kidneys and reduces water retention.
- Lemons are a powerful detoxing fruit, containing lots of vitamin C which helps convert toxins into a water-soluble form that’s easily flushed away.
- Radishes have a sulfurous mustard oil in them that stimulates the circulation system as well as the liver and kidneys to help with a detox.
- Celery is a high fiber food that assists in colon cleansing and weight loss making it one of the top foods for a Spring detox.
- Sesame seeds are a good source of nutrients, they are full of amino acids called methionine and tryptophan, which help the liver and kidneys to function and detox effect.
- Cabbage activates detoxifying enzymes in the liver. This makes it 1 of the Top foods for a Spring detox. As it helps detoxify the blood. The high content of vitamin C and sulfur in cabbage removes toxins, free radicals and uric acid.
- Artichokes are wonderful food on a Spring detox, supporting the liver and the gallbladder. They help detox harmful chemicals.
- Garlic has many helpful reasons to be in the spring detox. It is antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, and anti-cancer, garlic can clearly be named a Superfood. Garlic contains specific antioxidants and substances that play an important role in natural detoxification.
- Raw veggies are highly alkalizing and high in fiber, which helps cleanse the colon. High sulfur vegetables: onions, carrots, artichoke, asparagus, kale, and beets help the liver detoxify harmful chemicals.
- Pineapple is So Nutritious for us as it helps cleanse and tone the pores in your lungs, which directly affect the elasticity of your lung sacs.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively