”The world is loaded with viruses and bacteria coming into our bodies. If our immune system is working really well, we do not get infected“– Paul Ebeling
As COVID-19 seems to continue to be with us experts say is the time to boost your immune system, because people with a stronger nutritional status fight the disease better than the weak 1’s.
A team of international experts have developed nutritional and supplemental guidelines for people to protect their health and keep COVID-19 away and at bay so people can return to their everyday activities safe and confident.
Below are the Top supplements adults should consider taking, as follows:
1. Vitamin C is essential for the immune system because it boosts the health of white blood cells that help fight infections. The experts recommend 1,000 milligrams daily. Foods rich in Vitamin C include citrus fruits, berries and tomatoes.
2. Vitamin D: many of us get our Vitamin D from Sunshine, but in Winter it is good to add a supplement. Low levels of this vitamin have been associated with increased risk of developing respiratory conditions, and vitamin D always has been at the Top of list to battle viral infections. Multiple epidemiological studies reveal that low levels of vitamin D are associated with a much worse outcome from COVID-19. The recommend dosage is 1,000 IU of D3 daily. with food.
Zinc: this mineral is Key to the function of our immune cells. Studies have shown that increased concentrations of zinc can impede the replication of many viruses, including the SARS-coronavirus. So that means 40 milligrams daily will suffice.
There are some other vitamins can help boost our overall immune system while not targeting specifically COVID-19, they are:
- Vitamin A, which is found in dairy products, eggs, and yellow and orange fruits.
- Vitamin B3, or niacin, which helps reduce inflammation and damage to the lungs, is plentiful in chicken, red meat, fish, grains, beans and nuts.
- Vitamin B9, or folate, has been shown to help prevent respiratory infections. It is found in leafy greens vegetables as well as fortified foods.
- Probiotics are found in yogurt and fermented vegetables can help prevent upper respiratory tract infections.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively