This may be the best Maryland crab cake recipe you will ever find. If you do not overmix, and do not pack your mounds too tight, you will experience pure, unadulterated crab cake heaven, they are that good.
Time: 1.25hrs 25mins active Serves 4
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large organic egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump Maryland crab meat, picked over
- Step 1 In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce until smooth.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat with the cracker crumbs. Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Step 3 Scoop the crab mixture into 8 1/3-cup mounds; lightly pack into 8 patties, about 1 1/2 ins thick. In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil until shimmering. Add the crab cakes and cook over moderately high heat until deeply golden and heated through, about 3 mins per side. Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
If you like your Maryland crab cake fried, you should pair it with a champagne or sparkling white.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively