“It takes about 7 days to get the addiction out of your system. This does not mean the cravings will disappear but the intense addiction needs that amount of time. Wean yourself off sugar or go cold-turkey. The choice is yours”–Paul Ebeling
Give up sugar because:
- Sugar is Not Food – It is empty calories with little nutritional value and actually causes your body to steal vitamins from other vital organs in an attempt to process the sugar, leaving you undernourished.
- Sugar Makes You Fat – It is filled with calories that are stored in your fat tissues.
- Sugar Makes You Nervous – There is a clear link between excess sugar and disorders like anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia, because of extreme levels of insulin and adrenalin.
- Sugar Causes Diabetes, Kidney and Heart Problems – Excess sugar can damage the pancreas’s ability to function properly.
- Sugar Kills Your Teeth – Sugar increases the bacteria in your mouth that erodes enamel. The biggest crime is that many popular tubes of toothpaste contain sugar which is not required to be put on the label.
- Sugar Suppresses the Immune System – Sugar interferes with the body by overtaxing its defenses. Research at Loma Linda University, California studied the effects of overeating sugar on white blood cell activity. Those who ate a whole candy bar and a soft drink could only capture 1/10 the bacteria as those who only ate ½ a chocolate bar.
- Sugar Causes Wrinkles – A high-sugar diet damages collagen.
The average American consumes 20 teaspoons of added sugar each day; that is 2-3 pounds of sugar per wk! This is added sugar; not sugar naturally found in fruit, vegetables, grains and milk. The World Health Organization says no more than 10% of calories should come from added sweeteners; that is a maximum of 12 teaspoons of sugar for a 2,200-calorie eating plan.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively