Women inspiring societies and shaping tomorrow
With the past year dominated by the global pandemic which has challenged almost every aspect of human life, inspiration, motivation and ideas to shape the future are crucial to society.
To mark International Women’s Day on March 8, 24 extraordinary women inspiring change in their communities and areas of expertise have been named as the Bangkok Post’s Women of the Year.
The women we have chosen to honour represent a wide range of fields, from national leadership, fashion, retail, arts and culture, finance and security, the digital realm, food, media, hospitality, real estate, science and sport.
They were chosen under the core criteria that they help shaping our tomorrow, providing an inspiration, driving policy or social movements, and dedicating themselves to advancing knowledge. They must also bring experience and passion to the task of improving the community and society at large.
Starting today, the women whose lives we are showcasing as the Bangkok Post’s Women of the Year will be profiled in the newspaper and on the website in a specially designed microsite every Monday this month.
The corporate vision of the Bangkok Post Public Company Limited is to be “the leader in the media industry in Thailand and the region” in providing, through a variety of print and digital media platforms, accurate news and information, including business news and lifestyle features, that are both timely and relevant to the ever-changing trends, requirements and interests of its targeted readers and audiences. The Bangkok Post is truly the “Newspaper You Can Trust”.
In order to realise the above stated “Vision”, the Bangkok Post Public Company Limited undertakes the following activities:
- Sources and disseminates content that is accurate, timely and relevant to the requirements and ever-changing lifestyles of its various readers and audience groups.
- Expands, in terms of breadth and depth of coverage, current media platform portfolios and associated content in order to reach the widest readership and audience base.
- Leverages its content portfolio together with its communications media expertise, brand recognition and distribution channels by creating business partnerships and sponsoring a variety of events to help broaden the current business and advertiser and customer base.
- Explores new media and communications business opportunities in existing, new and emerging media communications, and broadcasting platforms. This is to enable the Group to effectively widen and broaden its reach while providing relevant content for its reader and audience groups, and to sustain its financial performance for the future.
- As a publicly listed company, adopts good corporate governance principles and practices together with associated good business ethics in its operations; aims to be at all times a good corporate citizen undertaking activities affirming its corporate social responsibilities; supports and helps promote sustainable development of wider society, local communities, and the environment.