Lots of people underestimate the importance of mental planning. Planning how you are going to go about learning something new is a Key step to learning something quickly and efficiently.
If you are able to get yourself organized and prioritize what you have to do, you will be able to perform better and learn more efficiently. You might find it a little hard at 1st, but this cognitive skill can be trained and improved.
How to do it
1. Compile all of the information and material that you think you will need. It is important to do this before you start.
2. Figure out what your goal is
3. Brain storm- Think about different ideas that can get you to your goal
4. Make a plan based off of how much time you have, possible interruptions, and the type of material
5. Create goals. For example, make a daily goal and break it into smaller, more manageable parts.
Practicing mindfulness can help your superior cognitive processes, which is closely related to learning.
Mindfulness is characterized by understanding your body, living in the present, controlling anxiety and emotions, and concentrating on breathing.
Our feelings are closely related to learning. If be positive while studying, the better you will be able to remember information and learn.
Have a healthy week, Keep the Faith!