The Sustainability Expo 2023, held at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center from September 29 to October 8, brought together representatives from a wide range of sectors in Thailand to showcase and discuss sustainable projects and innovations.
Universities, Hospitals, Properties, Gas Companies, and Banks Lead the Way
Universities, hospitals, property developers, gas companies, and banks were among the many sectors represented at the expo. Some of the notable projects on display included:
- Kasikorn Bank’s EV bike station partnership with Watt’s Up: This partnership will see the installation of EV bike battery switching cabinet services across Bangkok, making it easier for commuters to switch to electric transportation.
- Mahidol University’s research on sustainable agriculture: This research is developing new methods to produce food more sustainably, while also reducing the environmental impact of agriculture.
- Bangkok Hospital’s green building initiatives: This hospital is committed to reducing its environmental impact and has implemented a number of sustainable measures, such as solar panels and rainwater harvesting.
- Property developer Sansiri’s green building certification program: This program ensures that all of Sansiri’s new developments meet high standards of sustainability.
- PTT Gas’s renewable energy projects: PTT Gas is investing in a number of renewable energy projects, including solar and wind farms.
A Variety of Visitors
In addition to the representatives from a wide range of sectors, the expo also attracted a variety of other visitors, including:
- Military personnel: The military is increasingly interested in sustainability, as it seeks to reduce its environmental impact and improve its resilience to climate change.
- Students from high school to university: The expo provided an opportunity for students to learn about sustainability and explore career opportunities in this field.
Food, Kids, and Local Products Also Featured
In addition to the focus on sustainable projects and innovations, the expo also featured a number of other attractions, including:
- A dedicated food section: This section showcased a variety of sustainable food products and services, from organic produce to plant-based meats.
- A kids’ section: This section offered a variety of educational and entertaining activities for children, all focused on sustainability.
- A section for plants and local products: This section featured a variety of plants and other products from local Thai businesses.
A Showcase of Thailand’s Commitment to Sustainability
The Sustainability Expo 2023 was a showcase of Thailand’s commitment to sustainability. The wide range of projects and innovations on display demonstrated that Thailand is taking a leading role in addressing the challenges of climate change and environmental degradation.
- The Sustainability Expo 2023 brought together representatives from a wide range of sectors in Thailand to showcase and discuss sustainable projects and innovations.
- Universities, hospitals, property developers, gas companies, and banks were among the many sectors represented at the expo.
- Notable projects on display included Kasikorn Bank’s EV bike station partnership with Watt’s Up, Mahidol University’s research on sustainable agriculture, Bangkok Hospital’s green building initiatives, Sansiri’s green building certification program, and PTT Gas’s renewable energy projects.
- The expo also featured a number of other attractions, including a dedicated food section, a kids’ section, and a section for plants and local products.
- The Sustainability Expo 2023 was a showcase of Thailand’s commitment to sustainability.
The expo was a valuable opportunity for businesses, government agencies, students and individuals to learn about the latest sustainable trends and innovations. It also provided a platform for networking and collaboration among stakeholders from all sectors of society. The expo’s success is a testament to Thailand’s growing awareness of the importance of sustainability and its commitment to building a more sustainable future.