161 Bitcoin mined in December
3,568 Bitcoin mined throughout 2022
100% of Bitcoin mined added to balance sheet, increasing reserves by 65% in 2022 to 9,086 BTC
Hut 8 Mining Corp. (Nasdaq: HUT) (TSX: HUT) (“Hut 8” or the “Company”) one of North America’s largest, innovation-focused digital asset mining pioneers and high performance computing infrastructure provider, increased our Bitcoin holdings by 161 in the period ending December 31, bringing our total self-mined holdings to 9,086 Bitcoin.
Production highlights for December 2022:
- 161 Bitcoin were generated, resulting in an average production rate of approximately 5.2 Bitcoin per day
- Unusually high energy prices led Hut 8 to curtail production and sell power back to the provider
- Keeping with our longstanding HODL strategy, 100% of the self-mined Bitcoin in December were deposited into custody
- Total Bitcoin balance held in reserve as of December 31 is 9,086 – a 65% increase over the balance at the end of 2021
- Installed ASIC hashrate capacity at Hut 8’s Alberta facilities was 2.5 EH/s at the end of the month
- Hut 8 produced 64.4 BTC/EH in December
- While operations in North Bay remain suspended, as previously announced, Hut 8 is continuing to explore alternatives to mitigate the impact of the dispute with the third-party energy supplier to the site, including through organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- We welcomed new CFO Shenif Visram to the Hut 8 leadership team in mid-December
“I am proud of the team’s collective and continued grit and perseverance through headwinds that built up in late Q4 2022,” said Jaime Leverton, CEO. “In spite of challenging market forces, we continued growing the largest unencumbered, self-mined Bitcoin stack of any publicly traded company, welcomed our new CFO Shenif Visram, and our balance sheet first approach has us well positioned in 2023.”
About Hut 8
Hut 8 is one of North America’s largest innovation-focused digital asset miners, led by a team of business-building technologists, bullish on bitcoin, blockchain, Web 3.0, and bridging the nascent and traditional high performance computing worlds. With two digital asset mining sites located in Southern Alberta and a third site in North Bay, Ontario, all located in Canada, Hut 8 has one of the highest capacity rates in the industry and one of the highest inventories of unencumbered, self-mined Bitcoin of any digital asset miner or publicly-traded company globally. With 36,000 square feet of geo-diverse data centre space and cloud capacity connected to electrical grids powered by significant renewables and emission-free resources, Hut 8 is revolutionizing conventional assets to create the first hybrid data centre model that serves both the traditional high performance compute (Web 2.0) and nascent digital asset computing sectors, blockchain gaming, and Web 3.0. Hut 8 was the first Canadian digital asset miner to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market. Through innovation, imagination, and passion, Hut 8 is helping to define the digital asset revolution to create value and positive impacts for its shareholders and generations to come.