CONCORSO D’ELEGANZA VILLA D’ESTE
THE MOST SIGNIFICANT OF EVENTS CELEBRATING THE MYSTIQUE OF HISTORIC CARS.
The Grand Hotel Villa d’Este is one of the world’s most iconic hotels and is located on the shores of Lake Como.
The grounds and parkland offer guests and visitors the opportunity to admire some 50 historic cars built between the 1920’s and 1980’s.
The various classes are organised by different categories.
From Friday 25th May to Sunday 27th May 2018, the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este and Villa Erba will be the exclusive and unique setting for this traditional event where guests will be privileged to admire the finest historic cars and motorcycles of their eras.
We are delighted to present you with the motto for Y 2018: “Hollywood on the Lake”
Here is a look at last year’s event.
The tradition continues with approximately 50 Historic Cars being presented in 8 classes at Villa d’Este Saturday and at Villa Erba Sunday.
BMW Group Classic has great pleasure to inform you, that we have defined all 8 classes for 1 of the most iconic celebrations in the automotive heritage.
- The Titans: Dirt, Dust and Danger
- From Manhattan to Mayfair: The Golden Age of Motoring Opulence
- Shaped by the Wind: Grandes Routières of the Art Deco Era
- New World, New Ideas: The Story of the GT
- Speed Meets Style: The Flowering of the Sports and the Racing Car
- 80 Years of Automotive Archeology
- Hollywood On The Lake: Stars of the Silver Screen
- When Sex Was Safe and Racing Was Dangerous: Formula One!
The Selecting Committee is made up of international experts and they have decided to divide all the participants into eight classes once again.
Five of these classes will cover the entire spectrum of automobile history including pre-war racing, through pre-war luxury to post-war sports beauties.
In Y 2018, special classes will complete the field, they are:
- The Motto Class with vehicles known from famous Hollywood productions
- A Formula One Class with cars that defined the top league of motorsport history, and
- The Preservation Class with exceptionally well preserved cars.
An exclusive panel of jury members led by Jury President Lorenzo Ramaciotti will select all the historic cars and award the Best of Show prize: the BMW Group Trophy. This is conferred for an extraordinary automobile which expresses beauty, passion and uniqueness.
The public will choose their favorite car by public referendum on the Saturday at Villa d’Este. The prize is awarded as the Coppa d’Oro Villa d’Este.
Visitors to the 3-day event in Cernobbio will also be able to look forward to the highlights presented in the grounds of Villa Erba.
One of these is the Motorcycle Concours, which is being held for the 8th consecutive year.
The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este owes its special status among the world’s prestigious heritage events for historic vehicles to a number of unique attributes.
They include the elegance of the event, its long and illustrious tradition, its unrivaled flair at the stunning Grand Hotel Villa d’Este on the shores of Lake Como, and the small and select groups of participants.
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- UAE Weather Update: Strong Winds, Dust Storms Expected Across the Country - February 27, 2020
- Exploring the United Kingdom - February 27, 2020
- Gold Marks a 2nd Straight Session Loss in a “Corrective Pullback” - February 27, 2020