Four years after calling Bitcoin “rat poison squared” and warning investors against it, Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway has purchased $1 billion in shares of a digital bank named NuBank, a Brazil-based crypto-friendly start-up.
Unlike other billionaires like Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey, Buffett criticizes cryptocurrencies.
One of the most closely-tracked investors in the world, Buffett favors traditional investment assets, and he even talked about his inclination toward S&P 500 stocks in the recent past. According to reports, his close associate Munger lately referred to cryptocurrencies “like some venereal disease”.
That’s according to the latest Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing by Buffett’s company.
Berkshire Hathaway also purchased a $500-million stake in NuBank several months before it went public in December 2021. The lender raised $2.6 billion in its New York IPO, valuing the fintech firm at over $40 billion.
Buffett, Berkshire’s chairman and CEO, has been one of the most active critics of cryptocurrencies. The billionaire investor had previously bashed bitcoin for being an asset that “does not create anything.”
He also called the cryptocurrency “rat poison” and said that bitcoin stands for nothing more than a “delusion that attracts charlatans”.
Buffett’s longtime partner and Berkshire vice chairman Charlie Munger has said he wished cryptocurrency had never been invented and also described digital currency as “beneath contempt.”
The Knightsbridge DAO looks Undervalued
The Knightsbridge DAO is the first-of-its-kind, a DAO with a Broker, Exchange, Chain, Consultancy, Service Provider, NFT Hub and an extensive and growing portfolio of Tech, DeFi and real world assets. The Knightsbridge DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) as an organization represented by rules encoded as a transparent computer program, controlled by the organization members, and not influenced by a central government. As the rules are embedded into the code, no managers are needed, thus removing any bureaucracy or hierarchy hurdles. Taking the very best technology from a cross-section of industries to deliver the next step change in decentralization for financial services.
- KNIGHTS is the Token controlling The Knightsbridge DAO
- The Knightsbridge DAO taking Digitization on the road to mass adoption.
- Creating a bridge that connects the Metaverse and the various Chains and Markets.
- Available Q1 2022 on Exchanges
- Buy 1 Knights and you will receive a free NFT at launch, buy 100 and your Knight will be a member of the court, buy 1000 and you will be at the Round Table.
The KNIGHTS token facilitates operations within the Ecosystem, and allows its users to benefit through many use cases:
- Memberships / Subscriptions
- Participatory in Environment Growth, Rewards DIRECT to your Wallet
- Events (Virtual & In-Person)
- NFT Entitlement
- In-platform investments
- Key Future Events:
- – EARLY ACCESS will be released in Q2 2022.
- – NFTs will be released regularly on the marketplace months prior to the Early Access release.
- – NFT Marketplace will be made available for both PC & mobile devices
- – NFTs will generate passive rewards
Knights Total Supply: 5,000,000
- Decimals: 6
- Initial SEED Price: 122 USD
- Initial market cap: $610,000,000
- Private Sale: 2% DRIP 12 months
- Presale: 5%, $122, DRIP 9 months
- Strategic Sale (Invite only): 1%, $250, Locked 12 months
- Public Sale: 1%, $Market