Westpac Banking Corp (ASX:WBC) HEFFX Highlights
- It’s the latest financial services deal on every local advizer’s radar as the big for bank steadliy divest assets they deem non-core.
- Street Talk understands that Westpac Banking Corp assesses options for its motor and equipment finance and corporate dept book, investment bankers have been on the front foot spuriking their wares to potential buyers.
- Those include strategic players and lenders and large global private equity firms that can pt together interesting funding structures on these types of transactions.
- The port folio that bankers are circling largely relates to Westpac’s 2014 acquisition of Lloyds’ Capital Finance and BOS International businesses in Australia. That deal amounted to a purchase price of $1.45 billion
Westpac Banking Corporation is a banking organization. The Company provides a range of banking and financial services in markets, including consumer, business and institutional banking and wealth management services. The Company is engaged in the provision of financial services, including lending, deposit taking, payments services, investment portfolio management and advice, superannuation and funds management, insurance services, leasing finance, general finance, interest rate risk management and foreign exchange services. The Company’s segments include Consumer Bank, Business Bank, BT Financial Group (BTFG), Westpac Institutional Bank (WIB) and Westpac New Zealand. The Company has branches throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia and in the Pacific region. The Company through its division offers its services under various brands, such as Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and RAMS brands.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Sideways.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 33.05.
The projected lower bound is: 30.51.
The projected closing price is: 31.78.
WESTPAC FPO closed down -0.310 at 31.760. Volume was 24% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 0% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
32.090 32.140 31.700 31.760 5,436,149
Short Term: Oversold
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 32.21 30.89 32.29
Volatility: 21 26 22
Volume: 5,705,256 7,795,351 6,320,155
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
WESTPAC FPO is currently 1.6% below its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of WBC.AX at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on WBC.AX and have had this outlook for the last 27 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 19.0789. This is an oversold reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses above 20 The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 51.98. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 38 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -17. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019