The Week Ahead on Wall Street
$JPM, $C, $WFC, $PNC, $AA
The US stock exchanges were open Monday, Columbus Day, even though it is a federal holiday.
The 1st official week of Q-3 earnings features 4 banks: DJIA component JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) and S&P 500 members Citigoup (NYSE:C), PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE:PNC) and Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE:WFC), they all announce their results Friday.
Also reporting this week will be S&P 500 members Alcoa (NYSE:AA) and Fastenal Co. (NASDAQ:FAST) Tuesday, CSX Corp. (NYSE:CSX) Wednesday, and Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) and Progressive (NYSE:PRG) Thursday.
This week’s 1st financial reports to Wall Street will be the US Labor Department’s August Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) and the Minutes from the September FOMC meeting, both release Wednesday.
Thursday features September import and export prices and the September Treasury budget.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ PPI (producer price index) final demand for September, September retail sales, August business inventories and the University of Michigan’s preliminary October consumer sentiment survey will be released Friday.
This week 5 Fed officials will make public speaking appearances, as follows:
- Chicago President Charles Evans Monday
- Kansas City President Esther George Wednesday
- Philadelphia President Patrick Harker Thursday
- Boston President Eric Rosengren Friday
- Chairwoman Janet Yellen Friday
US Treasury Actions
The US Treasury Department will auction $24-B of 3-year Notes and $20-B of 10-year Notes Wednesday, and $12-B of 30-year Bonds Thursday.
Have a terrific week
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- A Case for the Extension of This Bull Market - December 14, 2019
- US Supreme Court to Hear President Trump’s Case to Shield Financial Records - December 14, 2019
- UK’s Labour Party Implodes, Seeks New Leader - December 14, 2019