The “Salute to America” is being held at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, from 6:30p to 7:30p EDT. It is expected to include military flyovers and the biggest fireworks display ever.
President Trump Tweeted: People are coming from far and wide to join us today and tonight for what is turning out to be one of the biggest celebrations in the history of our Country, SALUTE TO AMERICA, an all day event at the Lincoln Memorial, culminating with large scale flyovers of the most modern…..
….and advanced aircraft anywhere in the World. Perhaps even Air Force One will do a low & loud sprint over the crowd. That will start at 6:00p., but be there early. Then, at 9:00p, a great (to put it mildly) fireworks display. I will speak on behalf of our Great Country.
The White House released excerpts of the President’s speech, as follows:
- “Today, we come together as ONE NATION with this very special Salute to America. We celebrate our history, our people, and the heroes who proudly defend our flag–the brave men and women of the United States Military!
- As we gather this evening in the joy of freedom, we remember that we ALL share a truly extraordinary heritage. Together, we are part of one of the greatest stories ever told–the story of AMERICA.
- That same American Spirit that emboldened our founders has kept us strong throughout our history. To this day, that spirit runs through the veins of every American patriot. It lives on in each and every one of YOU.
- Today, just as it did 243 years ago, the future of American Freedom rests on the shoulders of men and women willing to defend it.
- As long as we stay true to our cause–as long as we remember our great history–and as long as we never stop fighting for a better future–then there will be NOTHING that America cannot do.”
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - July 22, 2019
- Ferrari (NYSE:RACE)Heir’s Net Worth Way Up on Success of Stock - July 22, 2019
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - July 22, 2019