Vast Majority of Americans Back Sanctuary City Crackdown
The vast Americans overwhelmingly believe illegal immigrants arrested for crimes in Sanctuary Cities ought to turned over to federal authorities, an online poll shows.
The Harvard-Harris survey posted Tuesday, revealed that 80% of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants with whom they come in contact.
Further, the poll found 52% support President Donald Trump’s 2 executive orders allowing the building of a border wall and increasing the number of immigration officers, and for finding a way to revoke federal funds for sanctuary cities.
Americans strongly support an overhaul of the nation’s immigration laws, the survey found; 77% say they support comprehensive immigration reform, 23% are opposed, the poll found.
“While there is broad support for comprehensive immigration reform, there is overwhelming opposition to sanctuary cities,” Harvard–Harris co-director Mark Penn said “The public wants honest immigrants treated fairly and those who commit crimes deported and that’s very clear from the data.”
The Poll also found, the following;
- 53% of respondents said they back Trump’s travel ban, which was rejected by the courts.
- 56% said they support the specific aspect of President Trump’s order that pauses immigration from the 7 countries on the terrorism watch list until a new vetting system is in place; support rises to 60% when the 7 nations are described as “Muslim majority countries.”
- 38% said the federal judge’s suspension of the executive order makes the nation less safe, 36% said the court ruling will have no impact and 26% said it will make the country safer.
- 47% said allowing refugees into the country has a negative impact on the nation; 33% said it has a positive effect.
- 51% said there should be fewer than 100,000 Syrian refugees accepted into the country; 34% said 100,000 is an appropriate number, and 15% more should be allowed.
There is virtually no doubt that American voters support President Trump on these Key issues and what him to make and keep America safe.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The 5 Safest Cities in the World - October 13, 2019
- Box Office: ‘Joker’ Laughs with another $55-M in North America - October 13, 2019
- US Q-3 Earnings, Here They Come - October 13, 2019