US Southern Border in Crisis
- President Trump to the migrant invaders: “Go Back to Your Country’ and Apply for Citizenship
- The southwest border of the US is in “crisis,” with authorities stopping 151,700 illegal entrants a day, Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said in a TV interview Sunday.
In the interview Secretary Nielsen called the massive caravan of refugees from Central America just “one iteration” of the flood of illegal immigrants.
“We have a crisis at the border right now,” she said. “We are stopping between 151,700 people a day trying to cross illegally into this country. This caravan is one iteration of that but frankly, we eventually see caravans every day with these numbers.”
Secretary Nielsen called a caravan currently making its way north as one having a “moment-to-moment” membership.
“This is not a ticketed event if you don’t have a membership in the caravan,” she said.
“There are consistently moment to moment folks raising a hand saying they are part of the so-called caravan and then there are others who yesterday said they were part of the caravan, today say they are no longer a part of the caravan. What we are really talking about is the flow of people that are headed towards the United States. They have chosen to break laws along the way. “
Secretary Nielsen said she does not “know everybody in this flow,” and that terrorists try to enter the country via the southwest border.
“We stop 3,000 people a year who have travel patterns similar to terrorists attempting to come in the southwest border,” she said.
Secretary Nielsen also addressed the slaughter of 11 Jewish worshipers at a synagogue in Pittsburgh Saturday, and that the Department of Homeland Security had provided a “protective security adviser” on a visit to the facility last March.
“This was a pure act of evil,” she said, adding: “We all condemn this in the strongest terms possible and as you know we do an extraordinary amount of planning and training for active shooter events as well as protection of soft targets in general.”
“As recently as March we actually conducted a site visit there with our protective security advisor in the area,” she said. “This is something we often do.“
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report - February 27, 2020
- UAE Weather Update: Strong Winds, Dust Storms Expected Across the Country - February 27, 2020
- Exploring the United Kingdom - February 27, 2020