US Markets are Comfortable, Now Focused on Earnings
$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $RUTX, $VXX
- Carry-over momentum from S&P 500 breakout last Thursday drives stocks higher for 3rd session running
- Top-weighted tech group under-performs, keeping gainers in check
- Cyclical financials, industrials, and energy groups soar
- Traders satisfied the President Trump is focused on the business of America
Monday, US Stocks rallied for a 3rd consecutive session as investors set their sights on the Q-2 earnings season, which unofficially kick off Friday.
The S&P 500 and the NAS Comp each advanced 0.9%, and the DJIA added 1.3%, climbing back into the Green YTD.
The market started in the Green and climbed steadily throughout the session.
Monday, growth-sensitive sectors were the top-performing groups, underlining a risk-on attitude from market participants.
Financials (+2.3%), industrials (+1.8%), and energy (+1.5%) finished on Top the sector standings, while the Top-weighted information technology space (+0.8%) lagged
Monday, trade on the major US stock market indexes came in at: DJIA +320.11 at 24776.59, NAS Comp +67.81 at 7756.22, S&P 500 +24.35 at 2783.91
Volume: Trade on the NYSE came in at 744-M/shares exchanged
- NAS Comp +12.4% YTD
- Russell 2000 +11.0% YTD
- S&P 500 +4.1% YTD
- DJIA+0.2% YTD
HeffX-LTN Technical Analysis for the US Major Stock Market Indexes
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Hot Rodding a 1999 F355 Ferrari - July 20, 2019
- North America’s Great River Trips - July 20, 2019
- People are Asking, Will the Gold Miners Soar in 2-H of this Year? - July 20, 2019