Celebrities are supporting wounded veterans and their families by sharing on social media their preparation for and participation in the Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) Carry Forward®5K, delivered by CSX®.
WWP is grateful to have support from Colton Underwood from The Bachelor, L.A. Chargers quarterback and former Ohio State football national champion Cardale Jones, San Francisco 49ers assistant coach Katie Sowers, and Marine veteran and online fitness personality Michael Eckert.
Celebrities are encouraging their social media followers to support warriors by donating to their personal Carry Forwardteam pages, and to participate in the #MyForward campaign, which identifies unique ways each participant prepares for the event.
WWP is putting the mission of honoring and empowering veterans in motion at several Carry Forward locations this year:
- San Diego – 8/24
- Nashville, Tennessee – 9/21
- San Antonio – 10/5
- Jacksonville, Florida – 11/9
- Virtual – ongoing
Supporters who can’t make it to one of the four cities can craft their own event through virtual Carry Forward. This allows participants to create an event at a location and time that’s most convenient for them, while still helping injured veterans and their caregivers.
Registrants in all Carry Forward events participate in one of three ways:
- Carry a flag to show support and patriotism.
- Carry a weight to represent the responsibilities veterans carry while serving our country.
- Carry another person to symbolize one warrior carrying another in their time of need.
The support from Carry Forward goes directly toward life-changing programs and services for warriors, who never pay a penny for them because they already paid their dues on the battlefield.
About Wounded Warrior Project
Since 2003, Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) has been meeting the growing needs of warriors, their families, and caregivers – helping them achieve their highest ambition.
Latest posts by Ivy Heffernan (see all)
- 3 Easy Hidden Talents You Can Learn To Impress Friends - September 6, 2020
- Shaving To Avoid Strawberry Legs - September 5, 2020
- Break Addiction With The Phone Detox - September 5, 2020