Twitter, Inc. (NYSE:TWTR) New Measures to Fight Abuse and Stop Trolls
- TWITTER INC – POSTED A BLOG HIGHLIGHTING ITS ATTEMPTS TO FIGHT SPAM AND MALICIOUS AUTOMATION
- TWITTER INC – CO HAS INTRODUCED “NEW MEASURES TO FIGHT ABUSE AND TROLLS, NEW POLICIES ON HATEFUL CONDUCT AND VIOLENT EXTREMISM”
- TWITTER INC – IN MAY, IDENTIFIED AND CHALLENGED OVER 9.9 MILLION POTENTIALLY SPAMMY OR AUTOMATED ACCOUNTS PER WEEK, UP FROM 6.4 MILLION IN DEC
- TWITTER – AVERAGE NUMBER OF SPAM REPORTS RECEIVED THROUGH REPORTING FLOW FELL FROM AVERAGE OF ABOUT 25,000/DAY IN MARCH, TO ABOUT 17,000/DAY IN MAY
- TWITTER SAYS “ARE NOW REMOVING 214% MORE ACCOUNTS FOR VIOLATING OUR SPAM POLICIES ON A YEAR-ON-YEAR BASIS”
- TWITTER – WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY OF SUSPICIOUS ACCOUNTS IN TWEET AND ACCOUNT METRICS TO FIGHT SPAMS; HAVE STARTED UPDATING ACCOUNT METRICS IN NEAR-REAL TIME
- TWITTER SAYS GOING TO REQUIRE NEW ACCOUNTS TO CONFIRM EITHER AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER WHEN THEY SIGN UP TO TWITTER
- TWITTER – NOW AUTOMATING SOME PROCESSES WHERE CO SEES “SUSPICIOUS ACCOUNT ACTIVITY, LIKE EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH-VOLUME TWEETING WITH THE SAME HASHTAG”
- TWITTER SAYS “AUDITING EXISTING ACCOUNTS FOR SIGNS OF AUTOMATED SIGNUP”
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 39.00.
The projected upper bound is: 46.61.
The projected lower bound is: 41.27.
The projected closing price is: 43.94.
A big black candle occurred. This is bearish, as prices closed significantly lower than they opened. If the candle appears when prices are “high,” it may be the first sign of a top. If it occurs when prices are confronting an overhead resistance area (e.g., a moving average, trendline, or price resistance level), the long black candle adds credibility to the resistance. Similarly, if the candle appears as prices break below a support area, the long black candle confirms the failure of the support area.
During the past 10 bars, there have been 5 white candles and 5 black candles. During the past 50 bars, there have been 30 white candles and 20 black candles for a net of 10 white candles.
An engulfing bearish line occurred (where a black candle’s real body completely contains the previous white candle’s real body). The engulfing bearish pattern is bearish during an uptrend (which appears to be the case with TWITTER INC). It then signifies that the momentum may be shifting from the bulls to the bears.
If the engulfing bearish pattern occurs during a downtrend, it may be a last engulfing bottom which indicates a bullish reversal. The test to see if this is the case is if the next candle closes above the bottom the current (black) candle’s real body.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 25.5249. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 60.69. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 3. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
Rex Takasugi – TD Profile
TWITTER INC closed down -1.140 at 43.700. Volume was 18% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 52% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume___
45.510 46.220 43.680 43.700 4,795,967
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 45.35 36.24 27.42
Volatility: 54 44 62
Volume: 7,112,617 6,621,536 5,194,256
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
TWITTER INC is currently 59.4% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect very strong flows of volume into TWTR.N (bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on TWTR.N and have had this outlook for the last 39 periods. our momentum oscillator has set a new 14-period low while the security price has not. This is a bearish divergence.