Twitter Inc (NYSE:TWTR) Finally Building A Business Model
- Abhijeet Bhattacharya’s Twitter account was suspended after he posted a series of ‘offensive tweets’, especially against women
- However, several Twitter users have extended their support for Abhijeet Bhattacharya and questioned the micro-blogging site for its biased behavior.#IStandWithAbhijeet is trending on Twitter.
- During the first quarter, Twitter streamed 800 hours of live content, grabbing 45 million unique viewers.
- But Twitter has loftier ambitions. COO Anthony Noto wants live video streaming on the website 24/7, and the company recently partnered with 16 sports, entertainment, and media companies to do just that.
- Twitter, is announcing a new style of advertisement that businesses can use to easily reach you in your Direct Message inbox.
- The company is calling the feature a Direct Message Card, which is a specially designed ad that prompts a user to click on an automated reply.
- Twitter is now building an actual Business model
- During Twitter’s annual shareholder meeting on Monday, C.E.O. Jack Dorsey was asked about the possibility of a subscription model for the social network—a premium service that would likely include extra features for power-users.
- Should Twitter go through with it’s Subscription plans, HEFFX will issue a buy target. Somewhere between $22-$30. Depending on the plans.
Twitter, Inc. offers products and services for users, advertisers, developers and data partners. The Company’s products and services include Twitter, Periscope, Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts and Promoted Trends. Its Twitter is a platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. Periscope broadcasts can also be viewed through Twitter and on desktop or mobile Web browser. Its Promoted Products enable its advertisers to promote their brands, products and services, amplify their visibility and reach, and extend the conversation around their advertising campaigns. Promoted Accounts appear in the same format and place as accounts suggested by its Who to Follow recommendation engine, or in some cases, in Tweets in a user’s timeline. Promoted Trends appear at the top of the list of trending topics for an entire day in a particular country or on a global basis. Its MoPub is a mobile-focused advertising exchange. Twitter Audience Platform is an advertising offering.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 17.05.
The projected upper bound is: 19.32.
The projected lower bound is: 17.10.
The projected closing price is: 18.21.
TWITTER INC closed down -0.280 at 18.150. Volume was 14% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 29% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
18.410 18.513 17.980 18.150 16,838,536
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 18.60 16.11 17.60
Volatility: 47 42 64
Volume: 19,723,290 18,804,584 23,766,814
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
TWITTER INC is currently 3.1% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into TWTR.K (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on TWTR.K and have had this outlook for the last 21 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 20.7740. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 1 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 57.64. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -116.This is an oversold reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses above -100. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.