Trump Voters Believe Men Face More Discrimination
The Big Q: “How much discrimination do men face in America today?
The Big A: President Trump earlier this month spoke about it being a “scary” time for men.
A higher portion of President Donald Trump voters believe men face discrimination more than women, the LGBT community, African-Americans or Mexican-Americans, a new poll found.
According to a new YouGov survey, the 1 year-long storm of allegations, confessions and firings triggered by the #MeToo movement has actually made Americans more skeptical about sexual harassment.
In one poll question, for example, the surveyors asked, “How much discrimination do the following people face in America today?” and included men, with answers ranging from “none at all” to “a great deal.”
49 % of Trump voters said men faced some level of discrimination—18% said “a great deal,” while 31% said “a fair amount,” according to the survey.
Below is a breakdown of how much discrimination Trump voters felt other groups faced, as follows:
- Women: 7% said “a great deal,” 23% said “a fair amount.”
- Mexican-Americans: 9% said “a great deal,” 33% said “a fair amount.”
- African-Americans: 10% said “a great deal,” 32% said “a fair amount.”
- Asian-Americans: 6% said “a great deal,” 21% said “a fair amount.”
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender people: 9% said “a great deal,” 32% said “a fair amount.”
The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
The President earlier this month spoke about it being a “scary” time for men amid the allegation of sexual assault against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his chaotic nomination process.
And the #MeToo movement has opened in India
MJ Akbar, 67 anni, India’s junior external affairs minister, resigned Wednesday amid accusations by 20 women of sexual harassment during his previous career as one of the country’s most prominent news editors, becoming the most powerful man to fall in India’s burgeoning #MeToo movement.
Mr. Akbar said in a statement that he would “challenge false accusations” in a personal capacity, referring to a criminal case he filed Monday against the 1st woman to accuse him.
Prior to returning to government Mr. Akbar was 1 of the most influential people in the Indian news media.
Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- A Closer Look At China Overseas Grand Oceans Group (0081.HK) - August 10, 2020
- Is Now The Time To Buy Kowloon Development Company (0034.HK) - August 10, 2020
- Bitcoin: BTC/USD (BTC=X) Target Price $15000 - August 10, 2020