Trump was Right: Obama Fails in ISIS Plan for Mosul
Islamic State is now expected to morph into a more classic insurgency once it loses its final pockets of territory in Iraq and could lash out abroad with renewed attacks against Western targets, Obama has again failed to deal with the problem ISIS represents.
French President Francois Hollande, addressing the meeting, said the offensive on Mosul could trigger an outflow of foreign fighters – a concern for European nations wary of attacks by Islamic State militants returning from Iraq and Syria.
Hollande warned the coalition needed to watch out for flows of Islamic State fighters from one besieged city to another, Obama advertised his intention to invade Mosul and the majority of ISIS fighters relocated..
“In these columns of people leaving Mosul will be hiding terrorists who will try to go further, to Raqqa in particular,” Hollande said, calling for greater intelligence sharing.
DONALD J. TRUMP’S VISION
- Peace through strength will be at the center of our foreign policy. We will achieve a stable, peaceful world with less conflict and more common ground.
- Advance America’s core national interests, promote regional stability, and produce an easing of tensions in the world. Work with Congress to fully repeal the defense sequester and submit a new budget to rebuild our depleted military.
- Rebuild our military, enhance and improve intelligence and cyber capabilities.
- End the current strategy of nation-building and regime change.
- Ensure our security procedures and refugee policy takes into account the security of the American people.
Read Donald J. Trump’s Plan to Make America Safe and Respected Again, here.
- Work with our Arab allies and friends in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS.
- Pursue aggressive joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expand intelligence sharing, and cyberwarfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting.
- Defeat the ideology of radical Islamic terrorism just as we won the Cold War.
- Establish new screening procedures and enforce our immigration laws to keep terrorists out of the United States.
- Suspend, on a temporary basis, immigration from some of the most dangerous and volatile regions of the world that have a history of exporting terrorism.
- Establish a Commission on Radical Islam to identify and explain to the American public the core convictions and beliefs of Radical Islam, to identify the warning signs of radicalization, and to expose the networks in our society that support radicalization.
Read Donald J. Trump’s Detailed Plan to Defeat ISIS, here.
- ISIS is responsible for the deaths of more than 1,000 people outside of Iraq and Syria. [The New York Times, July 16, 2016]
- In 2014, ISIS was operating in some seven nations. Today they are fully operational in 18 countries with aspiring branches in six more regions, for a total of 24 branches. [NBC News, Aug. 8, 2016]
- Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism, is now flush with $150 billion in cash released by the United States – plus another $400 million in ransom. [The Wall Street Journal, Aug. 3, 2016]
CONTRAST WITH HILLARY CLINTON
- Before the Obama-Clinton Administration took over: Libya was stable, Syria was under control, Egypt was ruled by a secular president and an ally of the United States, Iraq was experiencing a reduction in violence, the group that would become what we now call ISIS was close to being extinguished, and Iran was being choked off by economic sanctions.
- Fast-forward to today: Libya is in ruins, our ambassador and three other brave Americans are dead, ISIS has gained a new base of operations, Syria is in the midst of a disastrous civil war, ISIS controls large portions of territory, a refugee crisis now threatens Europe and the United States, terrorists have gained a foothold in the Sinai desert, Iraq is in chaos, and ISIS is on the loose. ISIS has spread across the Middle East, and into the West.
- The Obama-Clinton election-driven timetable for withdrawal from Iraq led directly to the rise of ISIS. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, July 28, 2016]
- Secretary Hillary Clinton’s forceful advocacy for the intervention in Libya to build a Democracy is regarded as President Obama’s worst mistake. In addition, under Secretary Clinton, regime change in Syria and the overthrowing of Mubarak in Egypt destabilized the world. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, July 28, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department admitted five refugees and one translator who were later charged with terrorism and related crimes. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, Aug. 15, 2016]