Trump Ready for World War 3
World War 3 America is Ready
U.S. President Donald Trump said his country is “totally prepared” to respond to North Korea in the wake of its nuclear and ballistic missile threats.
In an interview aired Sunday on Fox News, Trump made clear that he would use military action against Pyongyang if necessary.
“You would be shocked to see how totally prepared we are if we need to be,” he said. “Would it be nice not to do that? The answer is yes.”
Tensions reached new levels in recent months as Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un exchanged inflammatory rhetoric over Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile programs.
Trump threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea in the event of an attack on the U.S. In turn, the North Korean leadership threatened to test a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific Ocean. Trump and Kim also traded personal insults, calling each other a “Rocket Man” on a suicide mission and a “deranged U.S. dotard.”
The North Korea issue is expected to dominate Trump’s first trip to Asia next month.
He is scheduled to visit South Korea, Japan and China, among other nations, for talks with their respective leaders.
Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for his actions against North Korea.
“He’s for China and I’m for the U.S., OK? So we start off with that, but we do have a very good — I would say an exceptional — relationship,” he said. “And China’s really helping us, and — well, also with respect to North Korea — 93 percent of things going into North Korea come through China. China is big stuff.”
China is widely considered to have significant leverage over North Korea because it is the reclusive nation’s main ally and economic benefactor.
Trump previously criticized Beijing for not doing enough to rein in Pyongyang.
But China backed the unanimous adoption of two U.N. Security Council sanctions resolutions against North Korea following its long-range missile tests in July and sixth and most powerful nuclear test in September.
World War 3 Diplomacy
The United States is focused on diplomatic and economic pressure to denuclearize North Korea, the acting U.S. ambassador to South Korea said Monday, reaffirming the U.S. commitment to its security alliance with Seoul.
“Together we and the Republic of Korea (ROK) are facing the most acute threat which is North Korea and World War 3, and the threats posed by North Korea’s unlawful ballistic missile and nuclear programs are grave,” Marc Knapper, acting U.S. ambassador to South Korea, said in a speech to the first ROK-US Joint Public-Private Economic Forum.
“Our administration in Washington had made it very clear that we seek a peaceful denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” Knapper said. “We are working closely with our partners in Seoul, Tokyo and elsewhere to apply the maximum diplomatic, political and economic pressure on North Korea. These are tools we are very focused on using in close cooperation with allies.”
Referring to the planned visit to South Korea later this week by the Secretary of Defense James Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford, the acting ambassador said the officials will send out messages on “the strength and enduring vitality” of the U.S.-ROK alliance.
“We see this alliance as a linchpin of U.S. foreign policy and security policy in the Asia-Pacific region and our commitment to this alliance remains ironclad,” he said. “This is the message as well when President Trump comes to visit (South Korea in November).”
Knapper also touched on the ongoing talks on the free trade agreement between the two countries.
“We do have a serious deficit with the ROK,” he said. “In fact, it has doubled since the agreement took effect. And we are looking for ways we can improve this agreement to make it more fair and balanced.”
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Australia’s Horse Racing and Breeding Industry Needs Strong Political Representation - April 13, 2019
- Ben Currie Vs Darren Weir: Extremes are Hurting Australian Racing - April 12, 2019
- $100,000 Skip Away at Gulfstream Park - March 26, 2019