The Trump Rally Has Room to “Grow”
$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $VXX
The US stock market rally since Republican Donald Trump won the Presidential election has more room to grow as the President Drives his pro-business agenda.
“There’s more upside. Starting from when he was President-elect he started this stock market boom,” said author David Horowitz. “There will be corrections. There are going to be setbacks along the way like the healthcare which they hurried too fast. If you’re looking over the long term of this administration I think the stock market is going to love Trump.”
The S&P 500 has risen 10% since the November 8 election then marking a record high in early March. The rally stalled as Republican lawmakers withdrew proposed changes to the country’s healthcare system, casting doubts about the growth agenda pledged by President Trump, whose job approval rating keeps falling.
Mr. Horowitz said the President will push forward with tax cuts and regulatory changes vowed during the election.
“I don’t think Trump’s agenda is going to be stopped in its tracks. What people forget, I mean, it’s all this inside-the-beltway chatter, all of it hysterical. The anti-Trump forces are truly deranged. You can’t forget how he resonates with the people,” Mr. Horowitz said.
Mr. Horowitz declares President Trump’s Key priorities for the economy include the following:
- Better Trade Deals: President Trump criticized the North American Free Trade Agreement and the Obama administration’s Trans-Pacific Partnership as being bad for US workers. President Obama touted TPP, a trade deal with 12 Pacific Rim countries, as good for America because it would remove 18,000 tariffs on US exports. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton described TPP as the “Gold Standard” for trade deals before flip-flopping as Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) posed a threat to her campaign.
- Energy Drilling: President Trump will promote US energy independence to halt the left’s agenda to make America dependent on global partners whose heartfelt hope is to undermine America.
- Tax Reform: President Trump wants to create better incentives to invest in America and for companies to return their trillions in overseas cash to US shores.
- Infrastructure Spending; President Trump plans to improve America’s transportation and communications facilities to make the country a better place to do business.
Richard Saperstein, CIO for HighTower Treasury Partners, encourages savvy investors to stay true to America and invest right now in US markets.
- June Gold + $4.60 to finish at $1253.20 oz
- May Silver + 0.4% to $18.25 oz
- May Copper – 0.8% to $2.66 lb
Thursday, the US major stock market indexes finished at: DJIA +14.80 at 20663.50, NAS Comp +14.47 at 5878.96, S&P 500 +4.54 at 2357.48
Volume: Trade on the NYSE came in at 993-M/shares exchanged.
- NAS Comp +9.2% YTD
- S&P 500 +5.3% YTD
- DJIA +4.6% YTD
- Russell 2000 +0.5% YTD
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for DIA:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Neutral (0.05)||Bearish (-0.26)||Neutral (0.00)||Bullish (0.42)|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for SPY:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Neutral (0.08)||Bearish (-0.31)||Neutral (-0.04)||Very Bullish (0.58)|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for QQQ:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Bullish (0.42)||Bullish (0.36)||Bullish (0.33)||Very Bullish (0.58)|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for VXX:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Bearish (-0.27)||Neutral (-0.10)||Bearish (-0.41)||Bearish (-0.29)|