Mantra Samui Resort Launches New Spa Featuring Home-Grown Botanicals
Opening special “A Mantra for Mantra” package combines treatments, meditation and yoga
With a new natural spa and the launch of a wellness experience “A Mantra for Mantra,” the all-new Mantra Samui Resort is attracting spa-goers to its peaceful perch overlooking the Gulf of Thailand.
The Jai Spa is a cornerstone of the hotel’s comprehensive new look. The intimate space has four softly-lit private treatment rooms and a foot reflexology area. Inspired by the dense jungle that surrounds the hillside property, the spa features bamboo-clad walls that reach up to a lofty ceiling.
The spa blends most of its treatment products in-house, using natural ingredients harvested from its gardens. Thai herbs infuse Jai’s flagship concoctions, and homegrown lemongrass is steamed to create an aromatic atmosphere. The beloved coconut informs the signature treatment, the Yaa Jai, its milk, not oil, deployed for a deep, tension-releasing massage. Warm coconut poultices are strategically applied to tight spots to further reduce stress.
“One of the mantras we’ve seized on here at Jai is slow-slow-slow,” said spa manager Noppawan Rochjanarath. “As a famous Buddhist teacher once said, ‘If we want to live deeply, we’ve got to live slowly.”
The new “A Mantra for Mantra” package has been developed around this idea of helping guests of the resort go deeper when it comes to overall wellness. The three-night stay package for two includes:
● Round-trip airport transfer in a private vehicle
● Consultation with spa manager on arrival to cover areas of concern and develop a spa plan during the course of the stay
● Two treatments per day from the extensive spa menu (per person)
● Daily healthy meal at The View restaurant (choice of lunch or dinner)
● Daily breakfast for two
● One private meditation class for two (optional)
● One private yoga class for two (optional)
Spa menu options draw heavily from local traditions and plants with the extensive offering including a range of facials, massages, scrubs, and wraps such as: a Thai Lemon Tea scrub, a 60-minute exfoliation using tea and lemon juice; a Thai Tamarind Wrap that features a decadent blend of tamarind and yogurt slathered over the body, and traditional massages in addition to Ayurvedic treatments.
“A Mantra for Mantra” is available from September 4, 2017 to March 31, 2018. Rates vary by room type and start from THB 19,680 (approx USD 600) (excluding yoga and meditation) and THB 22,380 (approx USD 670) (including private yoga and meditation class). For more information or to make a booking please visit http://mantrasamui.com/
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Australia’s Horse Racing and Breeding Industry Needs Strong Political Representation - April 13, 2019
- Ben Currie Vs Darren Weir: Extremes are Hurting Australian Racing - April 12, 2019
- $100,000 Skip Away at Gulfstream Park - March 26, 2019