The Vast Majority of Americans are Proud to Be American
Fully, 85 of those surveyed say they are proud to be Americans, while only 9 said they are not, according to a Rasmussen Reports poll released over the weekend.
And 69% also said that, generally speaking, Americans should be proud of the country’s history.
While, just 15% said that Americans should be ashamed of the history of the United States, and 16% were undecided.
Other results from the Poll indicated:
- Older adults were particularly more likely to be proud to be American, with some 90% over the age of 40 saying so, while only 78% of those under that age agreed. Some 75% of those over 40 also said Americans should be proud of their country’s history, while 59%of those under 40 agreed.
- While those of every race were equally proud to be American, only 54% of Black adults think Americans should be proud of the country’s history, compared to 72% of Whites and other minorities.
- Among Republicans, 97% are proud to be American, while 82% of Democrats and 79% of independents feel the same. Among GOP supporters, 86% said Americans should be proud of the country’s history, but only 57% of Democrats and 69% of independents said the same.
- 40% of voters think the United States will be the most powerful nation in the world at the end of this Century, and 69% said the US is more exceptional than other countries.
- 43% of those surveyed said the nation’s best days are in the future, while 36% said they are in the past. Last June, only 36% thought the country’s best days were in the future, while 52% said they were in the past.
The national survey of 1,000 adults was conducted on 5-6 June. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.
Have a terrific weel
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Pressure is on the Fed to Cut Rates - August 21, 2019
- Germany Signals More Central Bank Stimulus Coming… - August 21, 2019
- Thai Government Officially Combating ‘Fake News’ - August 21, 2019