$AVGO, $CALA, $CRL, $ET, $F, $VTR
Below is a list of stocks analysts have singled out to look at carefully Wednesday, as follows:
Broadcom Inc. (NASDAQ:AVGO) was raised to Overweight from Equal Weight and the target price was raised to 367 from 298 at Morgan Stanley.
Calithera Biosciences Inc. (NASDAQ:CALA) was started as Buy and assigned a 7 target price at HC Wainwright.
Charles River Laboratories International Inc. (NYSE:CRL) was reiterated with a Buy rating and a 170 target price at Argus.
Energy Transfer L.P. (NYSE:ET) was maintained with a Buy rating but the price target was lowered to 18 from 20 at Citigroup.
Ford Motor Co. (NYSE:)F was reiterated as Outperform at Credit Suisse, with the firm saying it walked away from the unveiling of the Mach-E Mustang-inspired SUV/crossover solidly impressed but wants to wait and see how volumes will go and whether it will succeed against Tesla.
Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC) was reiterated as Buy and the price target was raised to 64 from 60 at Mizuho. Intel has a consensus target price at 56.53.
Ventas Inc. (NYSE:VTR) was raised to Buy from Hold with a 67 target price at Argus.
Credit Suisse is out with its Y 2020 outlook efforts, calling for earnings per share to improve and for price-to-earnings ratios to expand. The firm is initiating its 2020 S&P 500 price target of 3,425, which represents 9.8% upside from current marks and is based on an per-share earnings of $164.50 in 2019 (reduced from $166.50) and $173 per share in 2020 (reduced from $176) and imply earnings per share growth of 5.2% next year (from just 1% in 2019). The firm projects that the forward multiple will expand to 18.9 times by year-end 2020 from 18.1 times currently. Several assumptions are key to its 2020 outlook:
1) revenues to advance in-line with nominal GDP;
2) margin headwinds to be substantially less onerous;
3) buybacks to remain abundant;
4) reversal of decelerating economics to support multiple expansion.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Two Key Stock Analyst’s Special Research Reports - December 11, 2019
- Gold Market Struggles, as Central Banks and Super Wealthy Buy - December 10, 2019
- F1: Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Binotto is “happy” that Lewis Hamilton is Available for 2021 - December 10, 2019