- As of Y 2019, an estimated 500-M people meditate regularly around the globe. Considering its many psychological and physical benefits, this is Good News.
- There is a large body of evidence demonstrating the mind-body connection is real, and that your mind has a direct impact on our physical health
- Brain imaging has revealed meditation alters your brain in a number of beneficial ways, such as increasing gray matter volume in brain regions involved in the regulation of emotions, memory, learning and self-referential processes
- Meditation has also been shown to alter the expression of 2,209 different genes. Examples of genetic effects include the down-regulation of genes involved in inflammation and stress
- Clinically, mindfulness-based meditation practice has been demonstrated in randomized trials to improve depressive symptoms in women with fibromyalgia and to have lasting anti-anxiety effects after only 8 wks of group practice
- Studies suggest meditation can help a wide range of health problems, including cardiac arrhythmias, bronchial asthma, cold sores, cough, ulcers, diabetes, constipation, infertility, high blood pressure, psoriasis, pain and much more.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively, Meditate