The Most Exclusive Private Island Resort in the World + 1
North Island is the world’s most exclusive hideaway and perhaps the best hotel too.
This beautiful island has only 11 opulent hand-crafted villas overlooking the pure powder-white sands and turquoise green blue waters of the Ile Du Nord eco-reserve.
Raised off the ground to catch the cooling Indian Ocean breezes, all villas open up onto a private garden and the beach.
Plunge pools and outdoor showers provide the finishing touches to each private sanctuary.
The island’s lounge and dining areas, scenically located health spa and gym, library and dive center, and a rim-flow swimming pool are all built into a granitic outcrop.
The resort was the decor for the honeymoon of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
- Hotel website: North Island
- Other accolades: North Island Seychelles also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury resorts in the Seychelles, the most astonishing beach retreats in Africa, the world’s best luxury hotels, the world’s most expensive hotels, the world’s best honeymoon resorts, and my most phenomenal travel experiences of 2016.
Plus this 1 in Australia, just off the Great Barrier Reef
Hayman Island is a private island resort in the heart of the Whitsundays. The nearest island to the Great Barrier Reef, Hayman Island is ideal for nature based activities and exceptional guest experiences.
Featuring 160 guest rooms, suites, villas and penthouses across 3 main accommodation wings, Hayman Island presents guests the ultimate in barefoot luxury.
Restaurants and bars offer an array of local and international cuisines, while the spa and watersports centre complete the island experience.
Due to the impact of Tropical Cyclone Debbie, Hayman Island is temporarily closed, but is currently accepting reservations from 1 March 2019, it may open later this year..
- Hotel website: Hayman Island
- Other accolades: Hayman Island also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Australia, the world’s most amazing beach resorts, and luxury hotels with private helipads.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Daytona and Le Mans Racers Will Develop Prototypes Suitable for Both 24-hour Races - January 25, 2020
- Over the Counter Pain Relief, Pay Attention to the Dosage Instructions - January 25, 2020
- Gold Marks 2-wk Highs on Move to Safe-Havens - January 25, 2020