The Majority of Americans say the Economy is in ‘Good Shape’
Nearly 67% of Americans believe the nation’s economy is in good shape, and most give President’s Donald Trump’s policies the credit, a new poll showed Sunday.
The CBS News survey, view also showed President Trump is a positive factor among Republicans ahead of November’s midterm elections, with 7 of 10 GOP voters saying they would prefer a candidate our President supports.
- Rating the nation’s economy, 18% called it “very good,” 46% called is “somewhat good,” 27% called it “somewhat bad,” and 9% called it “very bad.”
- Rating President Trump’s responsibility for the current state of the economy, 35% credit Trump’s policies “a great deal,” 33% give him credit “somewhat,” 21% says his policies are “not very” responsible, and 11% his policies are “not at all” responsible.
- Rating the look ahead for the economy, 42% said they were optimistic about the economy in the next year or 2, while 33% were pessimistic; 25% were not sure.
- Rating voting preferences in the midterms, 9% of voters would prefer to vote for a Republican more independent from President Trump; 34% would pick a Republican more in line with Trump; 22% would pick a progressive or liberal Democrat and 23% would pick a moderate Democrat.
The poll’s margin of error is plus or minus 2.6 percent.
Americans Making America Great Again
Have a terrific week.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Stock Market Marks Record Highs, Dems Talk Impeachment, the Dumbest Thing I Have Ever Heard! - April 23, 2019
- Fear of Missing Out (FOMO) on Big Gains Driving Market Due North - April 23, 2019
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - April 23, 2019