The Formula for Great Health and Long Life
The formula 7 + 12 = YBU (your best you) is the Key, as it can/will transform your life, give you a younger age and prevent disease, distress and disability.
The way to achieve all that is to set clear, attainable goals, then plan the steps needed to succeed.
Here we go, as follows:
- Regain and maintain normal blood pressure. Your target: 110/75.
- Regain and maintain a normal level of lousy LDL cholesterol. Your target: 100 milligrams per deciliter or lower if you do not have diabetes or vascular disease; below 70 if you do.
- Regain and maintain a normal fasting blood glucose level of 100 mg/dL or below, or HgbA1c below 6.4 mg/dL.
- Achieve the healthy weight for your height.
- Practice ongoing stress management.
- Sleep well and feel at ease with yourself.
- Have no primary, secondary or tertiary smoke from tobacco in your body
The Big Q: How to do that?
The Big As:
- Eliminate trans and saturated fats from your diet (processed meats) and No added sugars and syrups, too. Stick with only 100% whole grains and eat 8 servings daily of fresh Organic fruits and vegetables. For protein, choose skinless poultry and wild caught fish salmon and ocean trout.
- Walk 7,000 steps a day or the equivalent and do at least 2 20-min strength-training sessions weekly. Aerobics helps protect your heart, brain and sex life. Strength-training with hand weights, stretch bands or even using your own body weight for resistance can help increase bone strength, regulate glucose, increase insulin sensitivity and reduce body fat, lousy LDL cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Take one 81-mg low-dose aspirin 2X daily (morning and night) with a half a glass of warm water before and after each dose to help prevent heart woes, colon cancer and at least 9 other cancers. Consider a daily multivitamin, 900 mg of DHA omega-3 in algal or fish oil and 1,000 IU vitamin D for immune system, brain and heart health.
- Meditate for 10 mins morning and night using yogic breathing techniques, mindfulness or other forms of meditation.
- Disconnect from digital devices, especially before bedtime.
- Establish a healthy sleep routine in a dark, quiet room, aiming for 7 to 8 hours nightly.
- Find time to walk, sit or exercise in Nature whenever possible.
- Get regular massages.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Become smoke-free
- See your primary care doc for a full-body checkup so you know your numbers, including blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, blood glucose, the inflammatory marker hs-CRP and blood vitamin levels.
- People 50+ need the shingles vaccine and 65+ need the vaccine for pneumonia.
And of course eat Real Food, now is the path to great health and long life.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Ford V Ferrari is the Most Important Film for Fox’s Future With Disney - August 21, 2019
- A Divided FOMC Walking ‘The Trump Tightrope’ - August 21, 2019
- The Pressure is on the Fed to Cut Rates - August 21, 2019