319 Sq Miles!
Early in Y 2019, the newly convened Democrat controlled House of Representatives introduced a bill to eliminate the Electoral College.
It seems that, since they could not win the last Presidential election under the rules that have existed for almost 250 yrs, so they want to change the rules so the ‘mob’ could rule.
Below is an excellent explanation on why this is a very bad idea.
Subject: 319 Sq Miles
In their infinite wisdom, the United States’ Founders created the Electoral College to ensure the States in the Union were fairly represented.
They asked the Big Q: Why should 1 or 2 densely populated areas speak for the whole nation?
- There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
- Donald Trump won 3,084 of them.
- Hillary Clinton won 57.
- There are 62 counties in New York State.
- Donald Trump won 46 of them.
- Hillary Clinton won 16.
Mrs. Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5-M votes. In the 5 counties that encompass NYC Mrs Clinton received well over 2-M more votes than Donald Trump. Mrs. Clinton won 4 of the counties, President Trump won Richmond. Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Mrs. Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.
- These 5 counties comprise 319 sq miles.
- The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 sq miles.
Then we have a country that encompasses almost 4-M sq miles of territory, it would be nutZ to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit only 319 sq miles should dictate the outcome of a national election. Large, densely populated cities such as NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles do not and should not speak for the rest of our country period!
Have a healthy weekend, Keep the Faith!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- How to Saber Champagne - October 20, 2020
- Fed’s Evans Sees Less Economic Drag from the Continuing C-19 Wave - October 20, 2020
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report, All Buys - October 20, 2020