Nestled in the heart of a 10-million-year-old rainforest, The Datai Langkawi is a captivating destination resort that seamlessly blends into its natural surroundings. Situated on the mystical island of Langkawi, lush tropical rainforest infiltrates the resort’s rooms, suites, and villas, through private verandas offering breathtaking views in every direction. The resort’s serene surroundings provide the perfect escape for guests looking to reconnect with nature, and to nurture the mind, body, and spirit. Datai Bay is rated 1 of the Top 10 beaches in the world by National Geographic and, along with the resort’s surrounding jungle, is host to a wide array of wildlife, like Dusky langurs, Tokay geckos, and Sunda Colugos, just a few of the area’s endemic species.
- Hotel website: The Datai Langkawi
- Other accolades: The Datai Langkawi is 1 of the world’s best family hotels.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP amenities when booking via Virtuoso, e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a complimentary 60-min massage, foot bath, and tea for 2 (once).
For more than 90 years, La Mamounia has been a beloved destination for discerning international travelers. Located in the heart of the enchanting imperial city, this luxury hotel has recreated the intoxicating mood of an Oriental palace. The sprawling gardens are ripe with citrus trees, fragrant rose blossoms, ancient olive groves and a vegetable garden where one might see La Mamounia’s chefs foraging for ingredients to be prepared that evening at the hotel’s 3 signature restaurants. Completing the regal experience, La Mamounia’s service epitomizes Moroccan hospitality with attentive and friendly staff, always with a warm smile.
- Hotel website: La Mamounia
- Tip: Enjoy complimentary VIP benefits when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 spa credit).
The iconic Paris grande dame has been restored to its former Belle Époque glory after a resplendent interior renovation by acclaimed architect, Thierry W. Despont. The hotel’s historic suites are named after the hotel’s most illustrious former guests including Coco Chanel, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Marcel Proust, featuring signature 19th Century flourishes amid opulent contemporary comforts. The property includes 3 restaurants, 3 bars, including the famed Bar Hemingway (the best potatoe chips in the world), and gorgeous gardens and terraces with retractable roofs and heated floors, designed to be enjoyed all year-long. After long days spent exploring the city, you can keep up with your exercise regimen in the indoor pool or modern fitness center, or indulge in a Chanel skin care treatment inside a private room at Chanel au Ritz Paris, the signature Spa. And speaking of privacy, a discreet underground tunnel provides unseen arrivals and departures from the hotel for guests who value the utmost in discretion.
- Hotel website: The Ritz Paris
- Other accolades: The Ritz Paris also features in my list of the Top 5 best hotels in Paris
- Tip: Enjoy complimentary VIP benefits when booking via Virtuoso, e.g. guaranteed upgrade at time of booking, daily breakfast, and 2-way private airport transfer with VIP meet & greet at the airport on arrival.
Guests will experience every aspect of luxury at the Maia Luxury Resort & Spa. Set on the secluded Anse Louis overlooking the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, the private twelve-acre property is lushly landscaped with hibiscus, lemongrass and cinnamon. With just ten ocean-front villas and 20 panoramic villas, all with private pools, and a staff of 230, the resort insures an exceptional level of service. Pampering and wellness are also the focus at the Balinese-style spa, which offers instruction in Hatha yoga and Qigong, as well as restorative treatments performed in open-air pavilions. If guests can motivate to move beyond the resort’s beautiful grounds, the variety of water-based activities available include snorkeling and canoeing, with diving and fishing.
- Hotel website: Maia Luxury Resort & Spa
- Other accolades: Maia Luxury Resort & Spa is of the best hotels in the Seychelles.
Set upon 3,500 exclusive acres Laucala private island resort is set amidst coconut plantations, sandy beaches, rich green mountains and breathtaking natural beauty. True luxury is appreciated in the privacy of the resort’s villas widely spread on the northern tip of the island. Seamless transition from indoor to outdoor living creates an inspiringly relaxed yet luxurious atmosphere. Laucala shows its most ethereal side in an iridescent kaleidoscope of sporting and cultural activities. Diving in a unique underwater world, rain forest tours, horseback riding, surfing, golfing on the 18-hole championship course, or meeting native artists. Whether you choose to dine in your villa or to visit one of Laucala’s five restaurants and bars, you enjoy dishes based on the freshest produce.
- Hotel website: Laucala Island
- Other accolades: Laucala Island is the best beach resort in the South Pacific, the world’s most expensive hotel, the world’s most over-the-top hotel experiences, the world’s most exclusive private island resorts, and luxury hotels with private airports.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks at when booking via Virtuoso, e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and one 60 min spa treatment per person per stay.
Enjoy the lodgings in these places!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The 5 Safest Cities in the World - October 13, 2019
- Box Office: ‘Joker’ Laughs with another $55-M in North America - October 13, 2019
- US Q-3 Earnings, Here They Come - October 13, 2019