Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Updates Autopilot Mode
- Tesla is improving Autopilot with a forthcoming update, with a focus on making the ride smoother while the autonomous highway driving system is engaged
- Updates to the Autopilot system are now separated by the hardware generation of the vehicle – later model Teslas have different sensor and computing on board, which will eventually be able to handle full self-driving capabilities
- Earlier this year, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that he was hoping for the automaker to launch in India this summer.
- But he expressed concerns last week about local regulations preventing a launch. The government is now reassuring the company that they could sell in India, but they seem to be insisting that they would have to manufacture locally.
- Tesla is bringing back free, unlimited Supercharging — but only a select few can access it.
- Starting Tuesday, anyone who uses a referral code to purchases a new Model S or Model X gets free, unlimited Supercharger access.
- Tesla started its new referral program last Friday, which allows owners to give a referral code to up to five friends in exchange for certain rewards, like a limited-edition red Powerwall.
Tesla, Inc., formerly Tesla Motors, Inc., designs, develops, manufactures and sells fully electric vehicles, and energy storage systems, as well as installs, operates and maintains solar and energy storage products. The Company operates through two segments: Automotive, and Energy generation and storage. The Automotive segment includes the design, development, manufacturing, and sales of electric vehicles. The Energy generation and storage segment includes the design, manufacture, installation, and sale or lease of stationary energy storage products and solar energy systems to residential and commercial customers, or sale of electricity generated by its solar energy systems to customers. The Company produces and distributes two fully electric vehicles, the Model S sedan and the Model X sport utility vehicle (SUV). It also offers Model 3, a sedan designed for the mass market. It develops energy storage products for use in homes, commercial facilities and utility sites.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 326.22.
The projected lower bound is: 283.81.
The projected closing price is: 305.01.
TESLA INC closed down -6.490 at 303.860. Volume was 24% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 31% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
310.460 310.730 303.480 303.860 4,318,354
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 315.02 296.59 237.65
Volatility: 33 46 39
Volume: 5,209,237 6,096,943 4,747,156
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
TESLA INC is currently 27.9% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of TSLA.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on TSLA.O and have had this outlook for the last 4 periods. our momentum oscillator has set a new 14-period low while the security price has not. This is a bearish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 25.6446. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 47.00. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 15 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -74. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.