Swire Pacific Limited (HKG:0019) HEFFX Highlights
- As China’s wealthy grow ever more hungry for boutique hotels, Swire Properties plans its third hotel in mainland China, The Middle House.
- Located in the heart of luxury shopping development HKRI Taikoo Hui in the bustling Jing’an District of Shanghai, the five-star boutique hotel will be the Hong Kong developer’s fourth property under its “House Collective” umbrella, which also has boutique hotels in Beijing, Chengdu, and Hong Kong. The Middle House is scheduled to open later this year.
- Swire’s Shanghai debut comes just a year after the developer launched its Miami EAST Hotel as part of a mixed-used development called Brickell City Center. The hotel in Miami, an up and coming destination for Chinese travelers that saw a boom in visitors last year despite a lack of direct flights from China, was Swire’s first property in the United States. Company representatives say there are likely to be more in the works.
- When Hong Kong’s Swire Properties opens EAST Miami in Florida, it will be the company’s first foray not only in the United States, but also its first step outside of China. The new hotel is located in a sprawling mixed-use development managed by Swire Properties called Brickell City Center. In China, Swire manages five other hotels.
Swire Pacific Limited is a Hong Kong-based investment holding company principally engaged in property businesses. The Company operates through five segments. The Property segment is engaged in the investment, development and operation of commercial properties in Hong Kong and Mainland China. The Aviation segment is engaged in airline operation, airline engineering, air cargo terminal operation, as well as the provision of airline catering and ground services. The Beverages segment is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of beverages in Hong Kong. The Marine Services segment is engaged in the provision of support services for offshore energy industry. The Trading and Industrial segment is engaged in the management of consumer brands and the provision of cold chain logistics services.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 81.42.
The projected lower bound is: 77.16.
The projected closing price is: 79.29.
SWIRE PACIFIC A closed up 1.850 at 79.250. Volume was 149% above average (trending)(neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 43% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
77.100 79.600 77.100 79.250 3,855,386
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 77.71 76.23 79.44
Volatility: 20 18 18
Volume: 2,703,437 1,734,861 1,443,607
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
SWIRE PACIFIC A is currently 0.2% below its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of 0019.HK at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on 0019.HK and have had this outlook for the last 11 periods. The security price has set a new 14-period high while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bearish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 81.2030. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 65.86. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 35 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 142.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 6 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 27 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019