Some foods speed up your metabolism more than others or keep the appetite under control so that we can more easily lose weight and body fat.
Experts point out that these Super foods should always be eaten as part of a healthy overall diet.
According to Medical News Today there are the 8 Top fat-burning foods, as follows:
- Chili peppers. If you like your food spicy you are on your way to burning fat effectively. Chili peppers and jalapeños contain the chemical capsaicin which, according to a Y 2012 study published in the journal Appetite, increases your metabolic resting rate. The higher your rate, the more fat you will burn even while resting. Peppers also heat up your body, so you burn more calories. They reduce your appetite, too, making you feel fuller longer.
- Coconut oil. Despite the controversy over its overall health benefits, a meta-analysis which appeared in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found that the medium-chain triglycerides in coconut oil increase energy consumption and reduce fat storage.
- Green tea. Green tea is a beneficial source of antioxidants and may have several other health benefits including weight loss, according to a Y 2015 study. The study, published in the Cochrane Data Base of Systematic Reviews, found that people who were overweight or obese and drank Green tea lost weight. Green tea works by raising your metabolism, making you burn fat faster. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that folks who consumed 4 cups of Green tea daily lost more than 6 lbs in an 8-week frame.
- Eggs. The American Heart Association (AHA) reports that eggs are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. They are also an excellent source of protein which helps control your appetite. In fact, a study published in the journal Nutrition Research found that people who ate eggs for breakfast had a greater control over their appetite throughout the day.
- Split peas. For vegans and others who shun animal protein, eating peas which are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber can help offset hunger. They also contain complex carbohydrates, which are a good source of energy.
- Yogurt. Plain yogurt, such as Greek yogurt, is chock full of vitamins, minerals, and probiotics. Yogurt is also rich in protein and, according to a study published in the Nutrition Journal, eating high protein yogurt helps curb your appetite and lowers overall food intake.
- Fatty fish. Fish like salmon, mackerel, and herring are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are extremely beneficial to overall health. Because fish is also high in protein, it helps curb hunger which is an important tool for weight loss. A Y 2011 Canadian study found that people who ate salmon regularly gained significantly less weight over the years and had fewer rates of insulin resistance which can lead to diabetes compared to other fish-eating groups.
- Nuts. Nuts are high in protein and healthy fats which are both beneficial in quelling hunger for long periods of time. People can incorporate nuts into a healthful diet without weight gain. For example, a Y 2011 study published in the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism found that including nuts in the diet for over 12 weeks led to health benefits without weight gain. According to experts, the best bet is walnuts because they have the highest amount of omega-3 fatty acids which can reduce muscle inflammation and increase your metabolism.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Photo of April’s Super Pink Moon - April 8, 2020
- January 2022 Options Now Available for Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) - April 8, 2020
- Men Over 50 Should Avoid These Foods - April 7, 2020