Stop Prediabetes From Becoming Diabetes Without RX Drugs
- Eat Real Food!
The rising number of people with diabetes is epidemic, and the situation is getting worse. That according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and by Y 2050, 1 out of 3 Americans may have diabetes.
Dr. Michael Greger, MD, a best-selling author and creator of NutritionFacts.org, says that approximately 1 in 3 Americans have prediabetes but only 1 in 10 knows it.
“The onset of Type 2 diabetes is gradual, with most individuals progressing through a state of prediabetes,” he explains. “Since current methods of treating diabetes remain inadequate, prevention is preferable.”
Dr. Greger points to a landmark study published in the New England Journal of Medicine in which thousands of study subjects were divided into 3 groups. One group had the placebo, the 3nd was given the leading diabetes drug, metformin, and the 3rd followed a regimen of diet and exercise.
The group who took metformin: a diabetes drug that often causes nausea, diarrhea, and even death fared better than the placebo group. However, those who followed a healthy diet and exercise did even better.
The lifestyle intervention participants had a 58% reduced risk of developing diabetes compared to only 31% of those who took the Rx drug.
“The lifestyle intervention was significantly more effective than the drug and had fewer side effects,” says Dr. Greger. “More than 75% of those on the drug reported gastrointestinal symptoms.”
Dr. Joel Fuhrman, the renowned author of “The End of Diabetes,” says that not only can we prevent prediabetes from morphing into Type 2 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes can be reverse by following a similar lifestyle intervention program.
“We can no longer take a passive approach and just try to control this disease with drugs,” he says. “That’s why I designed a program for anyone who wants to take aggressive action in their battle to prevent and reverse diabetes, lower their blood pressure, prevent heart disease and lose weight. You can make a complete recovery and take back control of tour health. It’s in your hands.”
Below are Dr. Fuhrman’s directions, as follows:
- Make lunch main meal of the day. Eat a large green salad with beans or chili on top. Make your own salad dressing using a good quality vinegar blended with nuts. Avoid using oil.
- Finish eating by 7:00p at the latest. Eat a large serving of steamed green veggies of your choice with mushrooms, garlic and onion for dinner. You can also use a wok, but do not use oil. The mushroom are important because they naturally reduce absorption of glucose from other foods.
- Avoid all processed foods and fats including white foods such as bread, rice, white potatoes and products made with flour.
In 1 of the most famous diabetes prevention studies, people with prediabetes who actually and diligently followed a lifestyle intervention program that asked them to eat more fiber such as whole plant foods, cut down on saturated fat like that those found in dairy, desserts, chicken and pork had zero incidence of diabetes. None of them progressed to diabetes. That is a 100% drop in risk.
Lifestyle interventions only work when we do them. Real food is only healthy if it actually gets into your mouth.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1 Next Generation, Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) to Add Woman to Young Driver Program - December 14, 2019
- Gold’s Price History - December 14, 2019
- A Case for the Extension of This Bull Market - December 14, 2019