Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SGX:Z74) HEFFX Highlights
- The most popular digital wallet in Singapore has rolled out the first virtual Visa card in the country thanks to a partnership between global technology group and 2017 Pay Awards Change Agent of the Year Wirecard and Singtel.
- Singtel Dash, a mobile payments platform that enables users to shop, pay transport fares and remit money, is currently Singapore’s most widely accepted “all-in-one” digital wallet, according to an announcement.
- “Singtel can now process mobile virtual Visa payments with Wirecard as a bank identification number (BIN) sponsor,” says Grigoriy Kuznetsov, executive vice president, global financial services at Wirecard. “This further reinforces our position as a leading global prepaid issuer and BIN sponsor. It also demonstrates our state-of-the-art card processing capabilities.”
Singapore Telecommunications Limited is a communications company. The Company is engaged in the operation and provision of telecommunications systems and services, and investment holding. In addition, it offers Internet services and also holds frequency spectrum and license rights to install, operate and maintain mobile communication systems and services, including wireless broadband systems and services. It operates in three segments: Group Consumer, Group Enterprise and Group Digital Life. The Group Consumer segment comprises the consumer businesses across Singapore and Australia, as well as the Company’s investments in Thailand, India, Africa, South Asia, Philippines and Indonesia. The Group Enterprise segment comprises the business groups across Singapore, Australia, the United States, Europe and the region. The Group Digital Life segment focuses on using the Internet technologies and assets of the Company’s operating companies by entering adjacent businesses.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 3.87.
The projected lower bound is: 3.71.
The projected closing price is: 3.79.
SINGTEL closed unchanged at 3.790. Volume was 29% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 87% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
3.790 3.800 3.750 3.790 16,135,900
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 3.79 3.84 3.82
Volatility: 9 13 14
Volume: 20,305,910 20,190,546 21,751,688
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
SINGTEL is currently 0.8% below its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of STEL.SI at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on STEL.SI and have had this outlook for the last 7 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 48.1481. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 40.59. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 11 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -63. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 10 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019