Singapore Airlines Ltd. (SGX:C6L) HEFFX Highlights
- Singapore Airlines Ltd is pursuing more than 50 cost-cutting initiatives including reducing fuel burn and reviewing its relationship with key suppliers as part of a three-year plan to make the airline more competitive, a newsletter to staff shows.
- Both Singapore Airlines and Hong Kong-based rival Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd have come under pressure due to growing competition from Chinese and Middle Eastern rivals. Both also lack domestic flight markets to help offset the international competition.
- Singapore Airline set up a dedicated transformation office to review its strategy in May after a surprise fourth-quarter loss although it not released a cost-cutting target.
- In a September staff newsletter obtained by Reuters, CEO Goh Choon Phong said the airline was working on 56 initiatives, which also include more self-service options for customers and reducing in-flight food and beverage wastage.
Singapore Airlines Limited is engaged in passenger and cargo air transportation, engineering services, training of pilots, air charters and tour wholesaling and related activities. The Company’s segments include airline operations, engineering services, cargo operations and Others. The airline operations segment provides passenger air transportation. The engineering services segment is in the business of providing airframe maintenance and overhaul services, line maintenance, technical ground handling services and fleet management. The engineering services segment also manufactures aircraft cabin equipment, refurbishes aircraft galleys; provides technical and non-technical handling services, and repairs and overhauls hydro-mechanical aircraft equipment. The cargo operations segment is involved in air cargo transportation and related activities. The Others segment includes other services provided by the Company, such as the training of pilots, air charters and tour wholesaling.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Sideways.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 10.25.
The projected upper bound is: 10.49.
The projected lower bound is: 9.95.
The projected closing price is: 10.22.
SIA LTD closed down -0.060 at 10.220. Volume was 55% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 35% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
10.280 10.280 10.160 10.220 497,500
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 10.15 10.33 10.11
Volatility: 13 17 18
Volume: 944,690 1,193,924 1,188,318
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
SIA LTD is currently 1.1% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of SIAL.SI at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on SIAL.SI and have had this outlook for the last 0 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 85.2942. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a buy 11 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 51.09. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 40 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 174.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019