Grocery shopping will be challenging for high-risk people during the coronavirus pandemic.
The People need food, but the grocery store may be a place for potential infection.
The most important advice from the experts is to reducing trips to the store, thus reducing your exposure to other people.
If you can get it down to once every week or once every 2 weeks, and avoid peak hours.
Also, consider delivery.
If the notion of stepping into a grocery store where you will be with other people is scary, consider contactless home delivery where you will come into contact with no people at all, order in.
Here are some other general rules:
- Keep physical distance from other people. While some stores offer special hours for seniors, this can backfire when hundreds of seniors crowd into the grocery store for that allotted hour. Go when the grocery store is least busy even if that means the shelves will not be fully stocked. Be flexible and swap out items if your 1st choice is not available.
- While health agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently do not recommend wearing gloves or masks unless you are sick, these guidelines may change.
- Reusable bags are Ok as long as your wash them. Cloth bags can be machine washed in cold water. If you do bring your own bags, pack them yourself and do not ask the cashier to handle them, for your safety and theirs.
- Pay with a contactless option such as Apple Pay, says Gloster. Paying with a credit card puts you in contact with a pin pad, and cash is notoriously dirty. Whichever way to pay, wash your hands when you are done.
- Sanitizing your groceries does not seem to be an issue for most experts. However, since studies have shown that the virus can survive a number of days on certain surfaces, there is no harm in throwing away nonessential outer packaging or wiping down cans and jars with disinfectant. You can also set aside non-perishable groceries for a few days before using them.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Bitcoin: BTC/USD (BTC=X) Price About to Blast Off - December 4, 2020
- Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) in talks to purchase Wondery - December 4, 2020
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) Stock Chart Technical Analysis - December 4, 2020