FLASH: Senator Lindsey Graham delivered loyalty and laughs in a light-hearted, GOP fundraiser speech Friday at Mar-a-Lago
“If Lindsey’s speaking, I want to come down here for 2 reasons,” President Trump said. “No. 1: He’s a great speaker; and No. 2, I know if I am here, he is not going to say anything bad about me.”
The media was shut out of attending the annual Lincoln Day Dinner, a Palm Beach County Republican Party fundraiser.
President Trump had not planned to attend, but he did announce Senator Graham after having dinner with the First Lady Melania and their son Barron.
“We found a lot in common: I like him and he likes him,” a jovial Lindsey Graham joked in a light-hearted speech.
Among the other 1-liners from Graham, who spoke “off the cuff,” according to his spokesman Kevin Bishop:
- On hailing the move of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem: “There will be a Trump Hotel there in 10 years,” he cracked.
- Graham jokingly asked the crowd if they wanted to see former Rep. Trey Gowdy, (R-SC), on the Supreme Court. Gowdy was in attendance and “mingling with the President”.
- After the crowd started a “lock her up” chant about Hillary Clinton, Senator Graham quipped: “Don’t lock her up! We want her to run again.”
“Pretty typical Lindsey,” one attendee said of the 30-min speech, which President Trump arrived for and left when it was done.
The following members of President Trump’s inner-circle and Florida GOP were in attendance, as follows:.
- Emcee former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi.
- Donald Trump Jr. with Kimberly Guilfoyle.
- Florida Lt. Gov Jeanette Núñez.
- Rep. Brian Mast, (R-FL).
- Former Rep. Mark Foley, (R-FL).
- Republican National Committee co-Chair Tommy Hicks, Jr.
- Conservative activist James O’Keefe.
Notably, “Nobody mentioned anything (about the Mueller report), other than all of us saw our phones and knew the Mueller report dropped,” an attendee said.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - August 22, 2019
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - August 22, 2019
- Ford V Ferrari is the Most Important Film for Fox’s Future With Disney - August 21, 2019