Senate Republican’s Pass Historic Tax Reform Bill
- Trump Tax Plan Will Spark Investment Boom That Will Benefit Every American
- The great news is that President Trump, the Senate, and the House are moving in the right direction.
- The business tax cuts will generate an investment boom in the years ahead.
- The Senate and House bills are headed for conference now to get to the President for signature soonest.
US Senate Republicans passed landmark tax reform early Saturday morning, a critical step toward delivering a monumental legislative victory for President Donald Trump in his 1st year in office.
After a Marathon session, the senior chamber voted 51 to 49 in favor of the nation’s largest tax overhaul in 31 years, overcoming some internal GOP resistance and dismissing Democrats over the last-minute, handwritten changes to the legislation.
The Senate version of the bill, and 1 passed earlier this month by the House of Representatives will now be reconciled into a single bill, and approved again by both chambers before it makes it to the President’s desk for his signature.
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - August 26, 2019
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - August 26, 2019
- President Trump to Work with G-7 Allies to Build a Future of Opportunity and Promise for All Our Nations - August 25, 2019