Ray Dalio’s 5-Step Process for Achieving Big Goals
In his book, Principles, Ray Dalio, the very intelligent billionaire hedge fund manager suggests a 5-step process for achieving big goals, they are:
- Have clear goals
- Identify and do not tolerate the problems that stand in the way of achieving your goals
- Accurately diagnose the problems to get at their root causes
- Design plans that will get you around those problems
- Do what’s necessary to push those plans to completion
Very few people realize that the root cause of their problems is always themselves. Because even if the actual problem is something or someone in your environment, it is up to you to make that change.
There is no neutral ground.
You cannot stand still in today’s environment.
The Big Q: Why?
The Big A: It is too intense, demanding, and distracting.
Mr. Dalio’s list is accurate. But in order to actually make your way through that list, you need to experience powerful shifts.
“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” and “Once you make a decision, the Universe conspires to make it happen.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Identifying and not tolerating the problems standing in your way requires changing how you look at things, including yourself.
This change is always a reaction to action, and not the other way around, and
- When you act, then you start to get clarity,
- When you act, then you get motivation,
- When you act, then you get ideas and inspiration and increased faith in your goals,
- When you act, your view of yourself follows.
- Your behavior shapes who you are.
In order to achieve your goals, you need to become the person who can have those goals.
Invest in yourself
- Only those who are invested are truly committed.
- Only those who are committed are willing to change themselves to uphold their decision.
The moment you invest yourself in your decision, you are telling yourself that you are serious about this.
You are no longer just thinking about it.
You are doing it. Prepare for success and make it happen.
And always remember, the bigger The Dream, the better The Team.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report, All Buys - April 6, 2020
- Monday’s World Markets Outlook: Asia- Pacific - April 6, 2020
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street, Coronavirus Broke Globalism - April 6, 2020