President Trump’s Tax Policies Take Hold, DJIA Cracked Key Resistance
$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $VXX
- President Trump’s Tax Cuts are Awesome
The S&P 500 finished higher by 0.8% at 2677.84 after crack its 50-D MA at 2687. The DJIA and the NAS Com also finished a just below their 50-Day MA, adding 0.9% and 0.7%, respectively on the day.
Now just 45% of Americans now say their taxes are too high, according to a new Gallup poll.
The number is down from 51% who said their taxes were too high last April, and below the 52% average in the Hussein Obama era the poll noted.
And 48% say their taxes are about right.
Below is how the survey breaks down, as follows;
- 45% of Republicans say their taxes are too high
- 49% of Democrats believe their taxes are too much
- 39% of independents say their taxes are too high
- 39% of all those polled approve of the tax bill signed by President Donald Trump in December, compared to 52% who disapprove
The poll, conducted 2-11 April sampled 1,015 adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
Monday, the major US stock market indexes at: DJIA +212.90 at 24573.04, NAS Comp +49.63 at 7156.28, S&P 500 +21.54 at 2677.84
Volume: Trade on the NYSE came in at 748-M/shares exchanged
- NAS Comp +3.7% YTD
- Russell 2000 +1.8% YTD
- S&P 500 +0.2% YTD
- DJIA -0.6% YTD
Overall the market sentiment has moved from Bearish to Neutral/Bullish
HeffX-LTN’s Market Indexes Technical Analysis
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- President Trump’s Foriegn Policy, “So Far, So Good - July 19, 2018
- Morning Briefing Global Stocks - July 19, 2018
- Gold, Silver, Copper and Crude Oil Briefing - July 19, 2018