$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $RUTX, $VXX
FLASH: The Pain Trade continues, on broad-based advance that had all 11 S&P 500 sectors finished higher on the day.
Almost 80% of S&P 500 companies having reported Q-4 earnings so far. Analysts now see a profit increase of 16.2% for the Quarter, according to Refinitiv data.
President Trump’s policies working
- US and China set to continue trade talks next week in Washington; President Trump optimistic
- President Trump signed a funding resolution to avoid government shutdown, declared a national emergency to secure funding for border Wall
Wall Street rallied Friday, with the DJIA and the NAS Comp posting their 8th consecutive weekly gainers, as investors come to realize that the United States and China will hammer out an agreement resolving the trade disputes, President Trump likes tariffs, China is suffering.
All major US indexes ended the session higher, and for the 4th session running, the S&P 500 held above its 200-Day MA, a Key technical mark.
Talks between the United States and China resume in Washington next week, with both sides saying progress has been made toward resolving the 2 countries’ trade dispute that has China’s markets deep in Bear territory.
Friday, the major US stock market indexes finished at: DJIA +443.86 at 25883.25, NAS Comp +45.46 at 7472.43, S&P 500 +29.87 at 2775.56
The S&P 500 posted 47 new 52-week highs and no new lows; the NAS Comp recorded 86 new highs and 16 new lows
Volume: Trade on the #NYSE came in at 948-M/shares exchanged
- Russell 2000 +16.4% YTD
- NAS Comp +12.6% YTD
- DJIA +11.0% YTD
- S&P 500 +10.7% YTD
HeffX-LTN’s overall technical analysis for the US major stock market indexes is Bullish to Very Bullish in here.
Have a terrific weekend.
DIA, SPY, QQQ, RUTX, VXX, DJIA, market, stocks, China, President, Trump, trade, dispute, optimistic, investors, tariffs,
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- London’s Iconic St. John’s Restaurant is Coming to Los Angeles - September 18, 2019
- President Trump Hammers Fed’s Powell, “No Guts, No Sense, No Vision!” - September 18, 2019
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - September 18, 2019