$DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $RUTX, $VXX
- US stocks rose for a 3rd day running Thursday after President Trump said trade talks with China were “moving along nicely” boosted investors optimism.
- President Trump Tweeted that he had a “long and very good conversation” with China’s President Xi, adding that discussions have been moving along nicely with meetings being scheduled at the upcoming G-20 Summit in Argentina.
China President Xi confirmed he spoke with President Trump over the phone, expressing his willingness to meet with him at the G-20 Summit, hopeful for a stable relationship with the US
Cyclical sectors took to the news, as the materials (+3.0%), consumer discretionary (+2.2%), and industrial (+1.7%) groups finished atop the sector standings.
The lightly-weighted materials sector was also largely helped by its top-weighted component,DowDuPont (NYSE:DWDP) 58.27, +4.35, +8.1%, beating earnings estimates.
Thursday, the major US stock market indexes finished at: DJIA+264.98 at 25380.74, NAS Comp +128.16 at 7434.25, S&P 500+28.63 at 2740.51
Volume: Trade on the NYSE came in at 1.0-B/shares exchanged
Advancers outnumbered decliners by a 3-to-1 ratio on the NYSE and by a 3.26-to-1 ratio on the NAS.
The S&P index recorded 11 new 52-week highs and 2 new lows, while the NAS recorded 25 new highs and 40 new lows.
- Nasdaq Composite +7.7% YTD
- Dow Jones Industrial Average +2.7% YTD
- S&P 500 +2.5% YTD
- Russell 2000 +0.6% YTD
Heffx-LTN’s US Major Stock Market Indexes Technical Analysis
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Team Management ‘Shakeup’ Coming - November 17, 2018
- US Industrial Production Moving Higher - November 17, 2018
- Invading Migrants at Southern Border Will Not See Armed Soldiers on Guard - November 17, 2018