President Trump Setting Up to Sack Robert Mueller
President Donald Trump’s Friday morning Tweeted that he is being investigated for firing former FBI Director James Comey may have indicated his intent to sack the special counsel appointed to the probe.
And just in: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has privately acknowledged he may need to recuse himself from matters relating to the Russia probe, given that he could become a potential witness in the investigation,
The Tweet, which seems to confirm that President Trump himself is under investigation, appears to reference Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein as “the man” investigating him.
Mr. Rosenstein wrote a memo used by the White House to justify Comey’s firing, prompting him to reportedly threaten to resign since the memo, though critical of the former director’s performance, did not recommend his termination.
There are 3 ways President Trump can sack Robert Mueller.
- He could fire him directly
- He could direct Mr. Rosenstein to fire him
- He could fire Rosenstein and his replacement will fire Mr. Mueller.
“In order to try to attempt to raise a legitimate scenario to fire Mueller, Trump has to discredit him,” attorney Jeffrey Jacobovitz, who represented some Clinton-era White House officials, said.
He Tweeted in May, just days before firing Mr. Comey, that he “was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton,” ending the Tweet calling him “the phony.”
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - October 23, 2018
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) A Lesson in Why Not to Buy the Hype - October 23, 2018
- Gold Higher, USD Higher, Stocks Mixed to Lower + Commodities - October 23, 2018