President Trump Marks His Highest Job Approval
President Donald Trump has achieved his highest job approval rating in his 6th Quarter in the White House at 41.9% between April and July, a new Gallup poll reveals.
The survey Gallup data of 19,414 U.S. adults conducted from 23 April to 22 July, also found:
- President Trump’s 6th Quarter rating of 41.9% was up near 3 points from 39.1% in the 5th Quarter, and it slightly exceeds his 1st Quarter 41.3% average as his personal best.
- President Trump’s job approval was 40 percent or higher each week during his 6th Quarter.
- The 6th Quarter included a 45% high during the week of his 12 June Summit with NKorean leader Kim Jong Un, matching his 1st weekly job approval rating after taking office in January 2017.
In addition, the poll found:
- While both Republicans and Democrats criticized President Trump for his performance in Helsinki with Russian President Vladimir Putin, his approval rating appeared unaffected, registering 42% the week of 16-22 July.
- Republicans’ approval of President Trump averaged 88% during his 6th Quarter, compared with 36% among independents and 9% among Democrats.
- George W. Bush (43) had the highest 6th-Quarter average at 74.9% because of the continued rally in support for public leaders after the 9/11 terror attacks.
America First and MAGA
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- US Stocks Finish Flat to Unchanged on Light “Earth Day’ Volume - April 22, 2019
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - April 22, 2019
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - April 22, 2019