President Trump has gone to war with big pharma over ad accusing him of raising prescription drug prices calling it a ‘lie’ amid stand-off over executive order he claims will cut costs.
- President Donald Trump accused the pharmaceutical industry of running ads that lied about his new executive order to lower prescription drug cost
- Top pharmaceutical executives refused to attend a White House meeting with President Trump Tuesday
- Execs mad to executive order President Trump signed last week on drug prices
- Order requires companies to match lowest drug prices in other countries
- President Trump gave Big Pharma a month to pitch him an alternative
- President Trump signed four executive orders at White House ceremony last Friday
- They will allow import of cheaper medicine and other limited steps
- Insulin and EpiPens will be available at steep discounts for low-income people
- Congress has been unable to reach a deal to lower the cost of medicine
“What I have done will lead to a 50% REDUCTION in prices, at least, & Big Pharma is not happy about it,” he wrote. “No other President would….be able to produce what I have.”
Trump said the only reason Big Pharma is putting out “nasty ads” is because the “massive PRICE REDUCTIONS you are getting – not good for them.”
He added he is the “only President in 51 years that got a Prescription D reduction!“
Have a healthy day, Keep the Faith!