President Trump Gets High Marks on Speech
Wednesday, 2 snap polls reveal that President Donald Trump graded favorably with Americans who watched his 1st State of the Union (SOTU) address.
Fully, 75% of Americans who watched President Trump’s SOTU approved of the speech, while 25% disapproved, according to a CBS News poll.
Further, a CNN poll found that 70% of those who watched the SOTU had a “very positive” or “somewhat positive” attitude about the president’s speech.
Here are the highlights from the CBS survey:
- 65% said the speech made them feel proud; 35% said it made them feel safer; 21% said it left them angry and 14% said they were scared by the President’s address.
- 42% of those who watched the speech said they were Republicans, 25% were Democrats and 33% were independents.
- 81% said President Trump was trying to unite the nation in his speech, compared to 19% who said he was trying to divide the US.
- 72% said they favor the proposals on immigration President Trump outlined in his speech, while 28% opposed them.
- 91% favored what the president outlined on infrastructure, compared to 9% who opposed it.
- 75% supported his ideas on national security, while 25% opposed them.
The results from CNN’s poll:
- 48% had a very positive reaction to the speech.
- 22% had a somewhat positive reaction.
- 28% had a negative view of the speech.
Further, CNN found that 62% of those surveyed think President Trump’s policies will move the country in the right direction.
Those results, according to CNN:
- 56% said President Trump’s policies are headed in the right direction on immigration.
- Roughly 80% said President Trump’s policies are headed in the right direction on infrastructure.
- 70% said his policies are headed in the right direction on the economy.
The CBS poll surveyed 1,178 U.S. residents who watched the President’s speech Tuesday night. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.1%.
The CNN poll was conducted among 549 Americans who watched President Trump’s address. Results for the full sample have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4.2%.
The Trump Policy: America First
The Trump Mission: MAGA
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - April 24, 2019
- Signs Your Testosterone Levels Are Dangerously Low - April 24, 2019
- Bangkok, Thailand - April 24, 2019