This strong economy has President Trump’s approval rating hitting a high point for his administration at 44% among adults and 47% among registered voters in the latest The Washington Post/ABC News poll.
These ratings represent a 5-percentage-point uptick since April, when special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigative report was released.
President Trump scores highest on the economy, with 51% approval, giving him a net plus-9 percentage point margin there, as only 42% disapprove of his handling of the economy. The Post reports President Trump’s numbers have markedly risen on approval of his handling of the economy since January 2018.
The numbers paint an improving picture for the incumbent President as Democrats jockey for position to oppose him in their upcoming primary. Here is how President Trump fares against the Top 5 candidates in hypothetical 2020 campaign match-ups among registered voters:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden leads 53%-43%.
- Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., leads 48%-46%.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., leads 49%-48%.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., is tied at 48%.
- South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg is tied at 47%.
On the issue of impeachment, 59% Americans are against the House starting proceedings, while 46% strongly oppose the move. Support for impeachment has dropped 12 percentage points since August 2018 in the poll.
The Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted June 28-July 1 among a random national sample of 1,008 adults and has an error margin of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - July 22, 2019
- Ferrari (NYSE:RACE)Heir’s Net Worth Way Up on Success of Stock - July 22, 2019
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - July 22, 2019